Author Topic: Uberti cattleman .45LC to .22LR conversion kit question  (Read 6249 times)

Offline voyageremh

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Uberti cattleman .45LC to .22LR conversion kit question
« on: June 14, 2014, 10:25:42 AM »
Hi everybody. I'm somewhat of a new shooter and wanting to get into cowboy action shooting. I recently bought a uberti cattleman .45 LC and after only about one hundred rounds it's becoming clear that the ammo might end up breaking the bank. I saw where uberti makes a .22LR barrel and cylinder conversion kit.  The .22 barrel fits into the .45 barrel. I don't know much about guns so I'm worried about damaging the barrel by installing and shooting mostly .22 rounds. I was hoping yall might have some advice both about the safety and potential damage to the firearm with a set up like this. Thanks.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Uberti cattleman .45LC to .22LR conversion kit question
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 08:42:57 PM »
Have you looked for .22s lately?  Very hard to find and the prices at most places IF you can find any is up.  The solution to your problem is hand loading.  It will help keep you costs down.  I've tried using .22s for practice and they just don't feel or react the same as the ammo you are going to use at a match.

Have you got a link to the kit you are referring to so we know what you are talking about.  If Uberti is making the kit and saying it is safe in their revolvers then that ought to answer the question.

Offline Trueno

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-C5crFRxfs[/youtube]

$161.00 at Taylor's
http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/cartridge-revolvers/22-revolvers/1873-single-action-conversion-kit-22-lr.html

:)

Tell the truth, it's easier to remember.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:08:35 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com