Author Topic: Ammo Failure  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ammo Failure
« on: June 08, 2014, 08:56:08 AM »
Yesterday we were shooting a match. One guy was using a Henry Big Boy and having all kinds of trouble. I offered him the use of my '73 thinking that would solve the problem. I was running the match and in a big rush at the moment so just gave him my '73. He goes to shoot and my gun jams?????  The rounds would not feed through the elevator. I had to use a screwdriver to force the round out of the elevator back into the magazine then unload through the loading gate. I found that his ammo was reloads of various types. 6 rounds had 3 different type bullets , all were loaded to long to feed and some even had green corrosion on the case. This was the first time I ever loaded a gun to anyone without providing the ammo, it will not happen again.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline mustanggt

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Ammo Failure
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 10:07:12 AM »
Stupid people should not reload. If you can't read the manual to understand what it takes to make reliable ammo you are a fool. He could have also used someone else's reloads which makes him an even bigger fool. Thankfully your rifle wasn't or God forbid anyone else was hurt by this idiot. Nice of you to help a fellow out though. That's what I like about this sport good folks willing to help you along.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »
"Stupid people should not reload."  Stupid people should also not have children.  Unfortunately there is no way to regulate these activities.  The guy will probably call Henry and complain that his gun is no good.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:42:42 PM »

Offline mustanggt

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 01:29:45 PM »
You may be right. Taking responsibility for your mistakes and stupidity is in short supply these days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com