Author Topic: Any Civil War Reenactors out there using their Henry Rifle?  (Read 9723 times)

Offline Sean Thornton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Bentonville, NC 2010
    • The Henry Repeating Rifle
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I just thought I would see if there were any Civil War reenactors out there using their Henry rifle. If you are not on our email list and want to be contact me with your email on a pm. There still are a few of the 150th events left we are going to. In September we will be going to the Atlanta Campaign/Nash Farms outside of Atlanta, over 20 Henry armed men so far.  In November we will be going to Franklin, TN and as of now we have over 30 Henry armed men going. Next year in March we plan on going to Bentonville, NC and will probably have over 30. Selma, Alabama will be our last of the 150th events, probably we will have a smaller turn out there.  At any of these events it is not necessary to have a Henry to join in with us. A Spencer rifle, Sharps Rifle or even a muzzle-loading rifle could fall in with us.

I put out a newsletter each month with Henry or Spencer related items in it. If interested shoot me a PM and I will add you to our mailing list and send our newsletter out.
National Henry Rifle Company
Andrew L. Bresnan
"Victory thru rapid fire"
National Henry Rifle Company"
SASS 5042 LTGR

Offline pistol1911

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Any Civil War Reenactors out there using their Henry Rifle?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 07:25:31 AM »
You are wearing the wrong color.My Great Great Grandfathers would spin in their graves if I joined you.

Offline nactorman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 11:14:51 PM »
Here is some additional info on the Wilson's Raiders Repeater Company forming for the 150th Anniversary Battle of Selma. All CAS City Henry shooters are invited to join us for a unique event filled with plenty of lever-gun action.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:58:34 PM »

Offline Sean Thornton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Bentonville, NC 2010
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 10:16:44 AM »
I have 3 of us that will be a Selma next year.  It is a long drive but worth it.  :D
SASS 5042 LTGR

Offline nactorman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 10:39:27 PM »
Whoops, looks like something happened to the attached images. Here they are again...

Offline mr phil

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 09:57:32 PM »
That looks like fun.   Wish I was closer.
Anybody know of anything  Near Maryland. I am sure there is. I just am not sure where to look.
Fidgety Phil

Offline matt45

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 05:32:43 PM »
Just as a point, a lot of Infantry units were using Spencer carbines- and some units using Spencers had some soldiers using 16 shooters.

Online Pay Dirt Norvelle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 10:29:59 PM »
I want to get a Henry, but the Association I belong to doesn't want them.  I doesn't help either that the guy who wants to start a Henry armed unit isn't liked very much.  Oh well, that did save me some money so that I was able to buy a couple of 1898 Krags. ;D
PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650

Offline Sean Thornton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Bentonville, NC 2010
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 12:40:22 PM »
And Here I thought everybody like me, LOL
 ;D
SASS 5042 LTGR

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 07:12:38 AM »
Any association doesn't want a Henry, is one there is no need to be associated with....
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Crossdrawnj

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 01:09:12 PM »
We used to do civil war. Not with Henry's but Spencer carbines (2nd. NJ Cavalry). Always wanted to, but the blanks were too expensive. Last summer my son and I made a trip to Florida. On the way back we stopped at Bentonville. I was suprised it was such a small venue. From what we could see (it was raining off and on very heavily) someone needs to step up and preserve this battlefield. Looks like the farms in the area are encroaching on the sites. Anyway, sorry if I hijacked your thread. I am still interested in the Henry boxesa nd the Spencer boxes. FWIW.

Offline nactorman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 11:49:21 PM »
Things are really shaping up for the 150th Selma event.

Preliminary registrations have been submitted for the company, but it is not too late to sign up. If you would like to participate, send me an e-mail and I'll make sure you get registered and receive a copy of the our latest informational update.

Offline nactorman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 12:22:42 AM »
There is still time to sign up to participate with us at the 150th Battle of Selma. We presently have 35 soldiers registered. It should be a fun and unique way to wind up the 150th cycle of events.

Offline nactorman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 12:33:30 AM »
150th Battle of Selma
Thank You

I hope this message finds everyone well, having dried out and recuperated from last weekend’s hard fighting.

I wanted to follow up with everyone and thank you all for making the effort to come out and participate with the Wilson’s Raiders Repeater Company at the 150th Anniversary Battle of Selma. I know that for many of you, it was a long drive and quite an effort. I hope that you had a good time in spite of the weather and the somewhat chaotic command/battle situation. I know that I certainly enjoyed visiting with old friends and making new ones.

The Meet & Greet Dinner at the Golden Ranch on Friday evening was, for me, one of the highlights of the weekend. In total, we had 37 Raiders and family in attendance, and much fun was had in relaying the latest dispatches from HQ.   

In total, on Saturday, we had 41 soldiers and 3 officers among the “Raiders.” This total does not include several additional orphaned infantrymen who were incorporated into our company for the battles. We fielded an impressive number of repeaters and breechloading weapons. Our company (not including the infantry add-ons) were armed with:

13 Spencers
14 Henrys
9 Smiths
5 Muzzleloading Rifles
1 Dbl Shotgun

On Sunday, we lost a few folks who had to leave early in order to get home, but also picked up a few who had not been able to make it out on Saturday, including a bugler.

I will be working on a more complete after action write-up over the next few days that I will make available along with photos and videos from the event. If you have any pics/vids you would like to share, please forward those to me ASAP so that I can make them available for everyone to view.

Also, I have had several folks inquire about how to purchase one of the Wilson’s Raiders T-shirts that the host unit were wearing. I have created a custom checkout on our webstore for them. To order, simply click the following link, fill out the shipping and payment info, and I’ll get a shirt off to you as soon as possible. I’m going to make these available through the 16th of May, so please submit your order prior to that time. The price listed in the checkout is my cost - I’m not making anything on these - and includes priority shipping ($17.75 shirt + $6 shipping).

http://veteranarms.biz/wirat.html

That’s it for now. Once again, thank you all for coming out and supporting our effort to raise a repeater/breechloader equipped company for the 150th Battle of Selma and making the final battle of the sesquicentennial one to remember.

God Bless.
Charles Misulia

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com