Author Topic: On accounta it's June!  (Read 144109 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: On accounta it's June!
« Reply #440 on: June 27, 2014, 01:04:57 PM »
El P i think Del stays in touch with him. He checked in back around the holidays.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #441 on: June 27, 2014, 01:19:09 PM »
Nash looks ta be a good pooch. Right at six months old. Not hyper at all. ‘Cept not wantin’ me no nearer than four feet from ‘im he’s gotta good disposition. Suppose that’s good sense on his part.

He’s a rescue they picked up. Sumthin’ ‘bout the owners of the bitch not wantin’ the litter. My view, the owners shouldn’t possess the dog if they have that attitude towards a situation twas their doin’. Damned puppies ain’t done nothin’ wrong. I’m happy ta see daughter #1 ‘n her family have taken ‘im in. He lucked out much as Shady Lady has with daughter #2 ‘n Tim.

He’s downstairs on ‘is mattress chewin’ onna dried pig’s ear. Just happy ta be here. The thought there’s too damned many puppies just like ‘im ‘n just as good with no love, shelter ‘n little ta eat - sufferin’ cuz they were born to idiots makes me sad, a little nauseous ‘n moren’n a bit pissed off.

Thrills me ‘n I thank God eagles are free.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: June 27, 2014, 02:26:02 PM »
We had an injured eagle get loose from it's handlers earlier in the week,Arcey. Female with wing damage that won't let it gain altitude. Shortr glides yes,altitude no. Tree came down on it's enclosure and it got out. Nice pic in the paper of it. Think they had named her Eloise. Handlers finally recovered her about a mile and a half from the sanctuary ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #443 on: Today at 04:51:06 AM »

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: June 27, 2014, 02:56:51 PM »
Arcey,

The Human "idiot factor" is a problem with collecting these animal/pets.
Euthanasia should be practiced on the human "idiot factor" first!

I am always amazed at just how accepting misused animals are to and for folks that offer them just a bit of care and love.

My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: June 27, 2014, 10:23:57 PM »
Condolences Miz Letty, prayers up for your family.

We have had rescues for years, right now we have 2 Great Danes, 1 cat and 1 horse that were all rescues. Best animals I have had over the years have been rescues. People breed them thinking they can make a fortune and when they don't it's the animals fault. Have run across a few people when I was working with Dane rescue that I would have liked to have euthanized.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #445 on: June 27, 2014, 11:02:41 PM »
My daughter is a veterinarian and between her own place & mine
I've lost count....She works to bring Animal cruelty & mistreatment perps to justice and place the victims.
She has the more exotic's like 3 snakes ( Boa's ) a horn toad , a one eyed cat the owners did not find attractive anymore when it lost an eye to infection , and two dogs ( one a Pit Bull puppy ( now mature ) was to be a fighting dog ) the other a sparring bait.
Here on the ranch, we have several rescues, mostly cats but there is the Shih Tzu.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: June 28, 2014, 12:27:06 AM »
Moose and I had a Day Trip up to north of the Airport. We had lunch and got some dog treats for Victoria.  I got her at the Grand Prairie shelter. She is a great dog and my constant companion. I spend more time with her than I do with Moose.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #447 on: June 28, 2014, 01:08:24 AM »
Hey y'all.

All done with hill climbing today.  only four hours this time.  But, got a pay raise for it.  $25 an hour today.  So that all equates to me being $200 richer now than I was 48 hours ago. 8)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: June 28, 2014, 05:14:41 AM »
$200 and you didn't have to kill anyone... That's a pretty good gig.

Mornin' ya'll coffee os up the steam bath is on too jump on in!
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #449 on: June 28, 2014, 05:46:15 AM »
Jim,   I totally agree , my companion is Jake, he was not a rescue in the true sense. He was planned on from the get go as puppy.
He bonded with me more that Jodi & Kellie, but still is their bud too.
He tends to shy from Kellie a bit,  as he knows she a vet and probably smells of meds and the clinic and he isn't fond of the Vet office.

Kid, my Grandfather used to say the best way to double your money ($200) is fold it once and put it away.  :)
yeah, I know it tends to burn a hole in that picket  ::)
But if you do spend it , make it something that lasts .... something to have after the new wears off....  :P

HELLACIOUS storm last night , lightning and boomers BIG time , pounding rain and small hail , no damage I see here abouts.
The Winn Dixie shopping center ( Grocery Store about 2 miles away ) was hit by lightning took the power out .
Loud enough here to spook the Wife & Jake.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #450 on: June 28, 2014, 06:03:44 AM »
Good looking Border Collie

I don't mind rescuing a dog- i object to unknown people vetting me. I remember the Spca president in Richmond a few years ago letting a older dog stay in her hot car all day till it expired. I don't need people like that questioning  me. End rant
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: June 28, 2014, 08:12:18 AM »
Mornin’.

They’re sayin’ low eighties with some clouds.

Folks can be jerks ‘cross a broad range of subjects. Handicap parkin’ thieves ta animal abusers. Then there’s the O’Bama constituents what wanna destroy life as we know it 'n the entire country in the process.

The biologists say if ya can catch the bird it needs ya – if ya can’t it don’t. Gotta chuckle out the escape part. Brought back memories. One the better mods on the eagle board was inta the ‘self’ thing. The birds would self-regulate, self-feed, etc. Bird got out the enclosure ‘n flew away up Waynesboro. She said the bird self-released………..

They’re headin’ back ta the occupied north. Me ‘n Nash hadda good time but I’m glad they decided ta take ‘im with ‘em when they left.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: June 28, 2014, 09:05:45 AM »
What is the story about the birds at the Georgia University. I only caught part of it.  This week on talking head show.

The obamanation has set racial relations back 50 years and the nation in a downward spiral.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #453 on: June 28, 2014, 10:31:17 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Just spent an hour fixing a server remotely for verk so employees could continue to verk.

Going out to cut and stack some logs.

'Tis 80, sunny and humid. "Humid. Partly sunny. A chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 80s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #454 on: June 28, 2014, 11:40:40 AM »
Morning y'all.

don't have anything planned that I know of, today.  'Cept maybe an ibuprofen...  I was carrying a 50lb bag of cement down a hill and slipped,  and the bag came down, too.  Right in a vertical line, with my spine stopping it.  that's a little painful. :-\ 

Major, I've got it more than doubled.  It's all rolled up, and in a cool place to keep it from burning. ;)   It's actually going towards fixing my pickup truck.

$200 and you didn't have to kill anyone... That's a pretty good gig.

Are you sure? :P ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: June 28, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »
That's a good venture, good on you  :)

Thanks Roo, he is a good looking dog....

More storms forecast for today & tomorrow , typical summer afternoons heat of the day then Thunder storms and usually hot & steamy after that...
Course yesterday was plenty hot & humid and the storm lasted until just before dark , so it was a tad cooler.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: June 29, 2014, 05:47:58 AM »
Mornin'.

Weather's 'bout like yeatitty.

Gonna shoot sumthin'. Make some steel miserable.

TTFN

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: June 29, 2014, 06:01:19 AM »
Great American breakfast- coffee bacon and biscuits....

Gonna git hot here today. Heading out to the shed to do some reloading.... Waitng for a cooler day to  eliminate the threat from cardboard pirates and terrorist.

Got my old colt civilian back yesterday ready to send 6 thru it.
Picked up some local grown goodies at the farm market yesterday. Snaps peaches squash beets the local gardens are full this year. Seen blackberries as big as my thumb.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: June 29, 2014, 07:00:05 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,lR ;)

74,cloudy and humid here. Must've had a shower overnight, drive was wet/damp when I took the dogs out.

Off to do the rounds in a bit ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: June 29, 2014, 07:13:50 AM »
Storms were about, heard them, but no rain here about's yesterday, hot and humid though....
"She that must be obeyed" made some Chicken, cheese , onion & mushroom, samitches on some fresh made rolls  , right tasty.

Not sure what I'll get into today, maybe go get a Hotdog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com