Author Topic: On accounta it's June!  (Read 144856 times)

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: On accounta it's June!
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 02:13:59 AM »
Dang!!  Hoon already, and almost the second at that.  Like 40 Rod said, it was just Marzo.

Roo, 60 is just getting a little seniority; you could be like 40 Rod and me, but bein' 12 six times over ain't all it has sometimes been represented to be.  I don't know if we are the eldest of this bunch, but we're close.

'Bout that long range, I have only seen one range in either California or Nevada that has a thousand yard range.  I am certain that there are some in "the west", but that one north of Reno is the only one I have ever been around.  A guy was out there with some sort of a big boomer smokeless shooter, and he'd set one off, and then sit back and watch for the hit - kind'a like me shooting 44-40 at three hundred yards: bang, 1-2-3-4, clang.  The club I belong to here has a "long" range, but it is only six hundred yards.  No matter, I still can't see that far, and be able to see with any sort of clarity, without a telescope.

I think "Miss Summer" has come to stay for a spell, only a few weeks early.  Officially, there have been a few two digit days the past week, but at my house, it has been anywhere from 101 to 106 every day, goin' on ten days, now.  Guessers are saying triple digits all next week, too.

Well, I think I'll be seein' about goin' to check my eyelids for light leaks.  I'll arrange the fire and pots for the early risers.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 423
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 02:36:58 AM »
Thanks for tending the coals.... Harry

Coals are banked and the waters on,  Swollen outside, heavy overcast calling for a stray shower or thunderstorm. But looks like its gonna be gray all day.
Busy first copula days this week, preparing for a big trade show at McCormick Center Chicago, trucks out on Wednesday, then things calm down.

70 years ago this Friday, D Day.... God Bless the greatest generation and their sacrifice. 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 05:41:16 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,M2 ;)

69,partly sunny here. Feels kinda humid,too. Guesser's are calling for rain and boomers later. Radar says there's some in the state already and headed this way if they hold together ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:15:41 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 05:48:19 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I am still recovering from the Sat. Night Bull Riding, I feel like I tried to ride one and got bucked off.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 06:05:51 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

Run the weather site up ‘n saw a real pretty surprise. 48° out. Don’t think it busted 80° the last three days. Enjoy the moment.

D Day always comes to mind when war is spoken of. Don’t know why. Amen to M2’s prayer.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 109
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 07:29:29 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Got 2.4" of rain yesterday and last night. 'Tis 68, overcast and humid. "Humid. Showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms. Highs around 80. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 07:41:54 AM »
Maybe Food Network should hire Del to do a Dutch Oven cooking show. They could call it, "How They Ate On the Prairie!"

The episode with Chuck Wagon cook Kent Rollins aired on Chopped this weekend. He has lot skill with his Buck folding

Thanks Harry one i think after looking at 40rod i feel like a kid again.
(Is he standing behind me?)

Thanks for the Coffee this morning going to try and mow this morning some before i go to work this afternoon.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 07:46:17 AM »
I worked with a man that, at the age of 17, landed on Omaha Beach with the 2nd Inf. Div. He served in the Army until WW2 was over.  He got out and joined the AF when the Korean War started. He was in the Viet
Nam conflict as well. He retired from the AF and went to work for Tarrant County as a Deputy. He spent 20 years with the County and retired. He passed away at age 80. He lived a full life.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 08:35:38 AM »

The episode with Chuck Wagon cook Kent Rollins aired on Chopped this weekend. He has lot skill with his Buck folding

Wonder if he used his app on his smartphone to know how many of them fancy charcoals to use.   ::)  Been hearing they have one now.   Guess the food channel wouldn't let him build a real fire. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 423
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 08:52:59 AM »
I had two Uncles (Mothers brothers) both were at Normandy ... Uncle Luke was in the 4th. Artillery and went ashore on D Day +2.

Uncle Hubert (Cub as we called him) was in the Navy and was abourd Ship , and tended to the returning wounded.

Neither were hurt in battle but Uncle Luke contracted emphysema , It was believed from breathing
nitro cellulose guncotton based powders.
That's what the VA diagnosed, Luke passed @ 42 years of age, in 1965 a casualty of war.  He had served, 1942-45.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 10:27:48 AM »
My father was in the Navy in WW II I think on one of the support ships for D-Day. My friends father was a Gunners Mate aboard one of the ships that bombarded one of the landing areas.

I worked with a fella that went across Europe with Patton.

Most of them wouldn't say much about that time except that they did what needed to be done for their country.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 10:54:42 AM »
Decided it was time ta change plates. ‘ARCEY’ been on everthin’ from the Mustang ta the station wagon. Fifteen years er so. Put standard issues on it. Don’t like the ‘Virginia is for Lovers’ thing wrote on ‘em but it is what it is – or ain’t. Was goin’ to the Farmers Market, DMV on the way. Took the paperwork ‘n went.

Very pleasant lady werkin’ the desk. Told ‘er what I wanted ‘n she gimme a deli slip with R 215 on it. Went ‘n got a seat where I could see the door. Disembodied female soundin’ robot voice said, ‘now servin’ R 210 at window 12.’ Figgered windah 12 must be for the Rs. Other end of the room. Changed seats.

Young skinny girl with a diamond nose stud werkin’ window 12. Watched ‘er have ta go ta window 13 ta get help from the clerk werkin’ that’n. Watched ‘er go to the clerk in 11 with the next ‘customer.’

Rats……………… Ennways………….

‘Now servin’ R 215 at window 12.’ Walk up ‘n hand ‘er the re-up stuff ‘n tell ‘er I want new standard issue plates. She talks so low I had ta keep askin’ ‘er to repeat ‘erself. Writes the paperwork, punches the computer, takes a check (I thought it was too much) runs the registration thru the printer, staples ’15 decals on it ‘n sez, ‘Thank you.’

She’s re-upped ‘ARCEY.’ Uhhhhhhhhh….. No. Ain’t what I asked for.

Deer in the headlights………………..

Wait for the clerk on window 11 to finish up ‘n she goes to him. Tells ‘er to void the transaction ‘n do it again. She don’t know how to void the transaction. He gets on ‘er computer ‘n does it. Tells ‘er to gimme the check back.

Now, write ‘nother check, $10.00 less. Pulls the ’15 decals off the voided registration. Pulls June decals to go with ‘em ‘n tries ta staple both to the new registration form. Goes ta hand ‘em o’er ‘n she’d missed the June decals with the staple. They fall in the floor ‘n there I stand with a back that don’t like bendin’ o’er.. Says thanks again.

Uhhhhhh….. I kinda need the plates………………..

‘Oh.’ Pulls a pair.

Thought it best ta slowly read the registration ta make sure they matched the plates. Don’t know how but they did. My tax dollars at werk.

One reason I wanted ta change was ARCEY was too easy ta remember for any creep I may cut off in traffic - accidently, of course. New one’s just about as bad. V B A (Virginia Beach A$$hole) followed by four consecutive numbers. 

Oh well……..

Gonna grab some lunch then dismember a canteloupe.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 11:52:37 AM »
I have Masonic plates on the Chevy truck and Texas State Rifle Association tags on the GMC(CAFG1). The Masonic plates are due in July and the TSRA plates are due in August.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 01:20:15 PM »
Just standard Ohio plates on ours. $49.50 for a couple of stickers >:( :( Oh, well, at least they're legal for another year,plus I had to reup the driver's license this year,too ::)

I destroyed a large salad for lunch, gift from my DIL.

It's still trying to decide whether it wants to rain here. Had a short day at least ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 02:04:06 PM »
Mornin' all.

Just back from Sacramento for a school "thing", for lack of a better term.  It was okay.  Got a tour of the Capital building, which was kind of interesting.  We saw the Old Sacramento Schoolhouse, and got a lesson in reading and ciphering.  Third grade was a nice relief from high school/ college. 

On the way back, we stopped at some old friend's  house.  Had a nice visit, got pooped on by parakeet.   :-\

Did get to have some nice time with a 1911.  Too dark to shoot, but...that's not the end of the world.  Had an interesting story behind it.  Apparently, it had been carried by this friend's grandpa on D-day, and for three days after.  He brought it home when his enlistment was up.  He lost his M1 overboard when his troop ship was caught in a storm in the Atlantic.  Thought that was interesting.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 05:18:14 PM »
Del i had read the formula for briquets to btu's don't pay it no mind. Fire is hot or it is not. It was raining off in on and was easier to light the chimney than some oak that is split up here. Had a Ms Annie world famous cobbler type deal that turned out  great for dessert. Couple more tries at it might get it figured out. 
 Had Blue Bell vanilla on the cobbler- i think 10sleeps would have approved
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 06:58:22 PM »
Wonder if he used his app on his smartphone to know how many of them fancy charcoals to use.   ::)  Been hearing they have one now.   Guess the food channel wouldn't let him build a real fire. 

Do you know what the App is called? Not for me of course it either cooks fast or it cooks slow. Someone asked me for it.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2014, 08:01:25 PM »
No idea, just saw someone mention it a while back, if I see it again I'll let you know.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2014, 08:09:15 PM »
Thank you sir
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 109
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 09:22:52 PM »
Almost missed this.
Happy birthday, Buck!
Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com