Author Topic: Bad News followed by Good news, I guess  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bad News followed by Good news, I guess
« on: May 29, 2014, 12:23:56 AM »
Shot Ambush at Mill Creek past week end. I felt like crap...But my brother was there with me. Shot clean all Sat. Going into Sunday continued the clean, all the way in to the last stage. It was a complicated one or so I thought. or so it seemed. had 3 pistol targets and 2 rifle targets, had to put 4 on each target from pistols/rifle. Could shoot any order but the 4 rds had to be in order. So, I decided to  do pistols first on pistol targets, 4 first target, slow but got em. 5th round on second pistol target, pulled next pistol, and put 3 more on it for the 4 rds. then  final 2 pistols on last pistol target. picked up rifle and put 2 more on that target and moved on to rifle. Simple 4 and 4 right?????? WRONG..this is where my Yellow boy met up with Mr. Murphy. locked up tighter all get out. finished off stage by shooting the shotgun targets and limped off with the clean match being snatched from my grasp.

the good news? Jim Bowie took it and and said he could take it with him and smooth it out and have it back to me at next Cowboy match. well that was cool.

The other good news was my dad, sister and brother were all there to see the match.

the family

me and my brother
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Bad News followed by Good news, I guess
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 07:50:37 PM »
Nice to have the family there to share the fun, Curly. I shoot a '66 sometimes, usually with BP or a sub, and have to spray a little ballistol on the carrier every couple of stages to keep it functioning. Carrier will start sticking when almost down, sometimes will go with just a smack of the palm against the bottom of the receiver, sometimes needs more....

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 08:28:07 PM »
Dang i can tell ya feel like crap,don't look so good either ;D If your Curley he must be Long and Wavey~~~Hows grandma Phyl doin? Good to see ya shootin wish i could be there with ya just to have someone to shoot with. I ain't been doin so good myself,i try to put one foot in front of the other and keep at it,the dust is so bad here everyone is feelin bad.

Darn nice pictures Curley :) :) I thought that was Leon Russel!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:39:21 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 10:04:08 AM »
Been there, done that, Curley. Last stage next to last rifle shot at the club's annual ::) :( :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com