Author Topic: Better recoil pad for Stoeger Supreme  (Read 7508 times)

Offline TheOtherLeft

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Better recoil pad for Stoeger Supreme
« on: May 24, 2014, 06:44:33 PM »
Hi pards,

I have a Stoeger Supreme with the factory recoil pad but want to replace it with a better pad. It's fine with Cowboy loads using Winchester low recoil low noise, but would like to use higher loads for some target/hunting.

I don't want a slip on pad as the LOP will be too long, hence I want to replace the factory pad. 

Does anyone know which aftermarket pad will fit? Limbsaver doesn't have a listing for the Stoeger Coachgun but do have a replacement for the Stoeger Uplander SxS. Does it use the same stock?

Offline rickk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Better recoil pad for Stoeger Supreme
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 07:57:22 AM »
There is a Limbsaver universal fit pad that will fit with some grinding/sanding. 

I bought one but have yet to get around to making it fit.

I am not sure why Limbsaver doesn't make one specifically for that model. Maybe the stocks are not quite all the same? Not sure.

Rick

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 11:07:57 AM »
Most all good recoil pads require fitting to the particular gun.  I tend to like Pacmyre (spell).  Nice one inch thick pad.

Coffinmaker

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:17:02 PM »

Offline Sleepy Floyd

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 09:16:16 AM »
Both mine and the little lady's shotguns have Kick-EEZ pads on them.  Don't feel a thing.

Offline Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS#86684 Wartrace Regulators
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 12:34:41 AM »
Fill yer stock with #6 lead shot... put on whatever butt cover you wish... recoil is gone (even with the butt plate that came on the SG). Even if you hunt with the 3" heavy loads... that is cheaper than buying the different pads and having to form fit the stock.  It will make the SG a little heavier, but the lead shot works the same as putting mercury in the stock... using mercury no increase in weight, but it is more expensive.  The above is what I call "poore richard" recoil reducer....
"If I killed that kid, it was the best shot I ever made, and the dirtiest trick I ever did."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com