Author Topic: Just Plain Obnoxious  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Just Plain Obnoxious
« on: May 20, 2014, 06:32:15 PM »
We have a few problems with a Shooter who just obnoxious. He wants things done his way. He will argue with the Posse Leader and has even argued with an entire posse over how a Stage was to be shot. W are all tired of it. Does this fall under a 'Spirit of the Game' Penalty? Or do we just tell him if he doesn't like it to leave?
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: Just Plain Obnoxious
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 06:38:45 PM »
show him the exit .... We do this for enjoyment , we get enough crap, day to day ....

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »
I agree with Major 2. No, I mean I agree with Major 2 also.........forget it.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:31:08 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 05:57:12 AM »
I'll mention an  analogy...

Some 5 years ago or so, I was attending a SASS match. I had brought a friend/colleague  new to the game for a look see.
The Posse leader  , normally a Muzzle-loader discipline director, was doing the normal Safety meeting.

At some point he went it to a tirade (def. > A long angry or violent speech, usually of a censorious or denunciatory nature)
 about waddy's and "ON his Watch" everybody WORKS ... and there is no slackers ... OK
This fellow made a rather , poor first impression on my friend, He also alienated most of the posse' , understand this was the first time I had seen him as a SASS discipline posse leader. 

Now it happens, another friend of mine,  an RO II at this same range  , who shoots pistoleer ( Cap & Ball ) uses his time off line or on deck , loading.
with some 23 in the posse, there was no need for him to spot, time or other duties... he caught flak from this BELLIGERENT.

I also am a RO II same range .... I was on deck on the 4th. stage of 6 , when the stage was re-set and returned hot , the fellow called me to the line...
I picked up my SXS & Rifle from the loading table ( correctly ) and stepped off to the stage table on the line...
At this point, I'm about 3 steps in when a knock down happen to fall on it own...
A spotter steps out to re-set it.... "ADOLF"  screams at me to stop,  I did, and he proceeded to inform me at the top of his lungs not come forward till I'm called ....
I pointed out He had called me forward...  once the line was hot I shot my stage .... went to the unload table....

packed up and with my friend/colleague headed to my car... I noted I was not alone as others were , bailing as well...

As I said, I do this for fun.... not at the whim of some pocket Nazi with superiority complex....

Send your PITA down the road ...
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Ruff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Born 100 Years Too Late
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 08:08:01 AM »
Have a club officer talk to him, if already done then ask him to leave.
Ruff
SASS #16965, WASA #155, NCOWS #3636, GAF #304
GHSS CP-088, Oregon Trail Regulators (Nebraska) #7, Cracker Cow Cavalry
RO I & II
Double Barrel C's Land and Cattle Co.
Soon to be Abilene, TX

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 09:45:49 AM »
Thanks, we'll see how he does from this day forward. If he shows his butt again I'll invite him to leave.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 06:46:32 PM »
Tell him he'd be happier elsewhere, you can't make everyone unhappy to please one priggish little person whom I doubt will ever be happy with whatever you do for him. 

Life's too short to ruin everyone else's outing. 
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com