Author Topic: This maybe the only place , that will understand  (Read 8370 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
This maybe the only place , that will understand
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:56:25 AM »
Last night, we had ahhhh  Friend  ::)  for what of a better name (calling) over...

She is really a friend of my wife's , I did n't know she was coming  :-\

Anyway, so I was out in the shop, cleaning a gun and when she arrived... I heard the car and looked to see who was there.

Now understand, I never though anything of it  ( but Carol went on in,  by the way she's British ) and I followed shortly
carrying the now clean 73 Rifle to put in the safe.

To make a long story short... she was  :o appalled (her words ) allowed as how I was hoarder because I had gun(s) as in several .
She  came to visit,  unbeknownst to me...Not that I'd have done anything different....
And I suffered, a rant of a woman , on gun ownership & its evils ...in my own HOME !  >:(
 I responded , I was American and we have the 2nd Amendment  and by God I can own as many as I want !
I left the room, and did not return.....
Well she started it  >:( ...but I was less than tactful, because dam it "she hit a nerve" ...So I'm in hot water , with my wife  I guess she'll say I was rude  ::)

If I'm a Hoarder ..so be it , I'll wear the badge proudly ....and point out my wife also has a gun !
I'll see how CHILLY today becomes  :)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline bushwhacker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
Re: This maybe the only place , that will understand
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 04:35:59 AM »
I think I would have told her to get her Lilly white a-- back to jolly old England  or at least out of my house!

Offline Shawnee McGrutt

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 05:28:03 AM »
Major 2,  hope you won't have to tell the dog to move over.  She should have kept her opinions to herself.  I would have maybe told her the same as you did  I am not diplomatic.  ( I would have had to bunk with the dog ).  People have come to my home and have given their opinions  or have tried to show me the light.  It doesn't go over well.  What surprises me is that this "friend" didn't know that you participate in CAS.  But, every time I am confronted, I ask which of the Consitutional Amendments are you willing to give up next?  Because without the Second Amendment, we have no way to defend the others.  I usually leave it at that, as I have gotten tried of beating my head against the wall.  Hope the wife isn't upset with you.
Keep your powder dry and when the wife's friends come over, run for the hills.  ( my secret for a happy marriage )
Shawnee
National Congress of Old West Shootists 3633
Single Action Shooting Society 88462
Society of Remington Revolver Shooters
The Sublyme and Holy Order of the Soot
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:36:20 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 05:53:59 AM »
Roger, I am sorry that you were put in that position in your own home. Our friends know that I am a retired LEO and know that I have guns. My wife does not even know how many I own. The woman should have know that your wife had been a LEO at one time and owned a pistol. A man should not have to defend his 2nd Amendent rights in his own home.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 06:12:36 AM »
Dang  Jim you are right , I forgot ....Carole does know Jodi was a Cop !

Well it 's not all that chilly after all... at lease at the spousal unit level  :)

So...as I had said , I left and did not return ...

as it turns out, I found out this morning ....

Carole had stopped by, more or less uninvited ...she had called Jodi (My wife) about 20 minutes to say she was dropping by...

Now the BALLS on this woman.... her motive ?  she wanted to asked my wife to watch her 2 Grandchildren next weekend.

seems her own daughter ( divorced ) is going on cruise , and Carol was saddled with the rug-rats one is 3 the other maybe 2 ...

Carol had something planned so she wanted Jodi to watch the kids Saturday over-night into Sunday...

SO.... I'm not only no.... I'm %#!*&% HE!! NO !  

Even though my so called Hoard is in a Gun safe ..... I have no intention to watch her hoard  5 minutes let alone 2 days...

are you KIDDING ME !    >:(

Offline John Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 08:01:53 AM »
I'm surprised she would allow her grandchildren to stay in a house with a "horde" of guns.

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 08:37:43 AM »
I work for San Antonio Western Shooting, you can look us over on FaceBook. We have tourists come enjoy a morning of Ol' West Cowboy Shooting. We go over safety, explain how the guns work and the basics of how to use'm. We let'm guard a gold shipment, get in a shoot out in a saloon, fight off an Indian attack and do other shooting scenarios. We get a lot of people from Great Britain. They love it. Very many have never seen a real live gun much less held or fired one. They all talk about wanting a 'Cowboy' gun. We also have a lot of people who come along just to watch, we, usually me, take them aside and let'm shoot a few rounds through the revolver. They regret not signing up for the whole package. I like to think that we are changing the perception of guns one person at a time.
In your case it's almost like having a Virgin rant about how terrible sex is, we know better.....don't we.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 08:39:52 AM »
We'll never know  ;D  ... Jodi told her... "negative " NYET , dame , nein , không, 不 ,   ;D  and I added HE!! fricking NO !
'sept I don't think I said fricking ....

Update.... Jodi said Carole has un-friend-ed her..... BIG whooP T Do .... spinning index finger in the air !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 10:16:53 AM »
She does not need "fair weather" friends like her. I have ordered myself a Robertson kilt, as well as a Buchanan one, just in case we might go "native" at the Convention next year.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 10:37:14 AM »

Roger:

Regardless of her views, your visitor should have had the good manners and upbringing to keep them to herself when she's a guest in your home. Apparently not.

I must say, under the circumstances, you were probably more diplomatic than I would have been.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

1961MJS

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 12:37:19 PM »

Roger:

Regardless of her views, your visitor should have had the good manners and upbringing to keep them to herself when she's a guest in your home. Apparently not.

I must say, under the circumstances, you were probably more diplomatic than I would have been.

Hi

VERY interesting, Carole must have lived here too long.  The Brits are supposed to be serious about being inoffensive and diplomatic etc.

Later

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 01:05:51 PM »
....I have to say she has been in the States many years, she has permanent residents status , she and her husband.

They are " Comfortable"  they sold their Business in London for $,$$$,$$$ and retained the property , then the London Olympics leased
the property for added big bucks in 2012.
Sadly, though their adult (3) offspring are dysfunctional, silver spoon fed dip sh*ts ...

Offline Cash Creek

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • In GOD we trust..all others cash only..
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 07:27:35 PM »
My son-in-law and his parents are British they live here now...and they don't say any to me often about guns..just that they don't think it's necessary to have one..I just hope that they never need one to protect my young  ( 5-8-9 years) grandkids when they have them....they know I carry all the time..and so do my two oldest grandsons ( 21- 24)..it's just a British things about guns..they just don't understand. Cash
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire…handle with care.

Offline eljay

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 12:50:31 AM »
not altogether true about it being a "british" thing. i was born there, in the middle of the last century, no exposure to firearms, but an avid reader of anything, loved the mechanical concept of guns and at 17 got a shotgun licence, owned shotguns and air guns in england, and since moving to australia 34 years age, must have owned ove 500 various guns (i get bored easy) now have between 20-30 longarms and 4 pistols, been nearly 4 months since i bought something, getting the urge again. my wife does crafting and quilting and has a few ladies 50-70 years old over on a friday, i regularly pass through the house carrying guns to be cleaned, only ever get positive feedback about how good it is to keep the ferals down. of course, me being me, someone comes to my house and lectures me about gun ownership, well, dont let the door hit you on the arse on the way out, would be the politest i could be, nah, would be worse than that, as you may know, aussies have a way with words.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 03:49:59 AM »
I was not degrading the Brits... just pointed out "she" and her husband are.... I know there are several on this BB and blokes from down under as well....
Aussie's even share a frontier like history with our folk.

The whole point was,  I though I was in DEEP freeze POOP with my wife....
I stated my point ( stick than in your pipe & smoke it ! ) and left the room, course I was more "take your opinion and shove it"

and for that I figured I was in hot water with my wife...  turns out not .  :)

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 09:14:17 AM »
Regardless of her views, your visitor should have had the good manners and upbringing to keep them to herself when she's a guest in your  home. Apparently not.
How true!
Almost two years ago we had several relatives over for dinner. My wife goes all out for something like this. Towards the end of the evening I politely expressed my displeasure about the remark "You didn't build that". I was not so politely chided by one the relatives. Have not seen or talked to her since. So be it.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Ol Gabe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 09:17:01 AM »
M2, All, sometimes it works the other way...
After reading all the above comments and suggestions, I recalled a similar situation that happened to a friend. He and his wife were asked to do the same with three little ones many years ago when they did the Rendezvous thing. The little wrecking crew showed up and decided to go into every room and 'discover' what was in there, they ended up in his 'Vous room and were aghast at the Kentucky longrifles, hawks, etc., therein. After many questions and answers, he asked them if they would like to get dressed up in leathers and suchlike and get a picture for Mom & Dad, "YEAH!" they all screamed. OK, 'ya oughta see this one coming...
He got them all gussied up in leathers, feathers and furs then just before clicking the shutter handed them each a hawk or knife and a rifle, they all beamed!
When the parents showed up the kids could hardly contain themselves from showing them the picture and telling the story, the parents, of course, were not amused, left and never spoke to them again.
Many years later, the kids, now grown up and driving, showed up at a historical event, saw them and could hardly stop laughing telling them about the parents and their politics. The kids all turned into history buffs, learned how the enjoy the hobby and went to many events throughout the states and started collecting old stuff and learning the right way to use it, Teepee life, trapping, BP/ML hunting as well as Trout fishing with handmade line from a horse tail!
Sooo, never know, but maybe you missed a golden opportunity there M2, hard to tell.
Best regards and good parenting to all, especially us old kids!
'Ol Gabe  

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 09:50:49 AM »
Ha Gale...I'll suffer  ;D

The wife say's they are older than I though,  The one is going to be 5 and the other one 3 ...Time fly's, seem like the Girl just had the little one.
Divorced the Fireman husband , and lives on her Folks & child support... she taking 7 day Cruise to the Caribbean  ::) , and saddle'n'
the grandmother ( Carole ) with the kids.
She hope to saddle us for the weekend...

Ain't  happen...ain't gonna fly !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 10:58:31 AM »
It sounds like she is shopping for a "sugar daddy" and a permanent meal ticket for her and her kids.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 12:09:08 PM »
Spot on... she cheated on her first husband and he divorce her and when back to Jolly ol England.

She married the Fireman to stay in the US or her Green card would have expired, two kids later
she divorced him... and he pay's child support... and she got the House...
Now she heading off on cruise will some other poor slob.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com