Author Topic: Something you don't see everyday  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Dan Topper

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Something you don't see everyday
« on: May 17, 2014, 08:15:34 PM »
We have a new Cabela's opening up in Woodbury Mn (the Minneapolis St Paul area) and I went to look around there today. I saw a Navy Arms Henry on the used gun rack and took a look at it. The price tag had it labeled for 44RF! Looked closer at it and saw the smaller cartridge lifter and sure enough the barrel is marked 44RF.  It did not have the trapdoor in the butt plate and the wood to metal fit there was not the best. I was wondering if someone replace the butt plate for some reason as the wood fit to the receiver was well done. I don't recall the price but I know it was under $1000 if anyone is interested.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Something you don't see everyday
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »
It's a special, done in limited numbers for Val Forget at Navy Arms in the "way back".   Even had a special run of ammunition made for them.  No more ammunition, the guns are now wall hangers.  Too bad.

Coffinmaker

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 11:28:12 PM »
The only one I ever saw belonged to Undertaker.

I have no idea what happened to it after he died, but it's likely his Brother in Law sold it for a few dollars.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:03:20 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com