Author Topic: 45/75 OAL in a Uberti  (Read 2121 times)

Offline postman63

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
45/75 OAL in a Uberti
« on: May 08, 2014, 03:43:10 PM »
Anyone played around with OAL in there guns. I loaded some 350 grain flat point Lasercast, and seated to the crimp ring and they measured 2.73. Knowing the standard is 2.25 I was going to seat to that depth. But before I pushed the bullet to that depth I tried loading in my gun. it dropped in to the rim without hesitation, and came out with no marks from the lands on the bullet. So I crimped it at 2.73 and loaded a couple more at this length. I have fed these through the magazine and they load perfectly. Is there something I am missing ? I have not went to the range with them as of yet. I thought I would run this by you guys and see what you think before I do.

Offline larryo_1

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: 45/75 OAL in a Uberti
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
If you want to play around with this idea, take an empty case and a bullet and insert the bullet just barely and then put the two in the action and gently close the bolt.  Then take them out and measure where the lands start on the bullet as by closing the action that will force the bullet into the case. So--without doing a chamber cast, this will give you a pretty good idea of what the chamber specs are for your rifle.  You may find that your rifle might not be as what the book says.  My rifle has what is called the "Uberti Chamber" and it does just fine.  I have never even thought of going back to the Winchester chamber so you may have a Ringer like I have.  Have fun.
When in doubt, mumble!
NRA Endowment member

Offline postman63

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 05:51:50 PM »
I have done that with all of the Modern rifles I own. This is my first venture into the lever action world. Thanks for the input, I appreciate any and all I can get. I have loaded these with 14 gr. of Trailboss as a starter load.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:29:43 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com