Author Topic: What Classification Am I?  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Brother Love

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What Classification Am I?
« on: April 23, 2014, 02:19:38 AM »
Howdy Folks,

Brother Love here.. I am in a quandry about where I am in the classifications.. Classic Cowboy, Spaghetti Western, Gun Fighter or what.   I just don't know.. So I need the help of all you out there who might have an idea of where I fall.  I was thinking "Classic Cowboy", but I don't know if this will squeeze in there.

My Alias, Brother Love,  is an Undertaker/Pastor,  turned bounty hunter.. Business is slow sometimes!  How can you blame me. 

I don't have the clothing laid out yet, but I have the guns, and soon the gun leather.. 

Pistols..  Pietta 1858 Remingtons.. and they are blackpowder, non converted.. but can be.

Lever Gun, Uberti 1866 Yellow boy

Shotgun, Chiappa 1887 Lever

So, there you go.. Thanks for any input

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: What Classification Am I?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 05:07:57 AM »
BL  the classes you list are SASS, so I think your to be involved in that discipline....

However, I'll list NCOWS three & four gun Pistoleer which is a close fit... (except for your Shotgun)

Men’s and Women’s Four Gun Pistoleer: Shooter uses two pistols, one shotgun, and one pistol caliber rifle. Shooters are restricted
to the use of percussion revolvers, pre-1873 percussion or original/authentic reproductions of rimfire cartridge pocket pistols, exposed
hammer double-barreled shotguns (percussion or cartridge)
and reproduction or original pre-1873 pistol-caliber repeating rifles (e.g.
1860 Henry, Spencer, 1866 Winchester, etc.) Shooters must shoot black powder or approved black powder substitute in all firearms
except those chambered for rimfire cartridges. Pistols and revolvers must be shot one-handed. Pistoleer shooters will shoot the same
course of fire as the other competitors except that in a stage requiring more than two shotgun rounds the Pistoleer shooter would not
be required to shoot the extra rounds.

Men’s and Women’s Three Gun Pistoleer: Shooter uses two pistols and one pistol caliber rifle. Shooters are restricted to the use of
percussion revolvers, pre-1873 percussion or original/authentic reproductions of rimfire cartridge pocket pistols, and reproduction or
original pre-1873 pistol-caliber repeating rifles (e.g. 1860 Henry, Spencer, 1866 Winchester, etc.) Shooters must shoot black powder
or approved black powder substitute in all firearms except those chambered for rimfire cartridges. Pistols and revolvers must be shot
one-handed.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Pit Mule

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 02:46:20 PM »
BL,
If you'll be shooting SASS, Plainsman seems to fit what you have;

FRONTIERSMAN
Any Main Match percussion revolver with non-adjustable sights (Note exceptions listed re:
dovetailed sights). (Exception: The 1873 Uberti percussion revolver is not allowed.)
Revolvers must be shot duelist or double duelist style. See Duelist description for required
shooting technique.
Must use black powder in all loads (rifle, revolver, and shotgun).
Must use a side-by-side, single shot, or lever action shotgun in the main match stages.
Any SASS–legal pistol caliber rifle is acceptable.

So check into it and blend in where you can. Have fun!

Pit Mule
fortdesmoinesrangers.com

Fort Des Moines Rangers
Cedar Valley Vigilantes
Zen Shootists
Nebraska Territorial Rangers
Member: The Naughty Posse
SASS #29220 ( Classic Cowboy )
NRA Life
SASS ROII
NRA RSO
Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, & notice more than you realize.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:15:44 PM »

Offline Brother Love

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 03:29:32 PM »
Very good, that helps a bunch, thanks very much for the info Hombres.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com