Author Topic: Cimarron Revolvers  (Read 6747 times)

Offline slkslk

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cimarron Revolvers
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:36:37 AM »
Hi guys, new here, and hope this question is in the right place

I am in the market for a SA in 32-20. I have been told that the Cimarron model P is a good choice. I wish I could find one of those Ruger Buckeye Blackhawks that were only made one year back in 89-90 in 32-20. I do know that Uberti makes the revolvers for Cimarron and others. Do you think these are a good entry level revolvers to get into the sport?

Also can you use 32-20 in competition?

Thanks for any input

Steve

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Cimarron Revolvers
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 03:48:09 PM »
Do you think these are a good entry level revolvers to get into the sport?

Also can you use 32-20 in competition?

Hello friend:

Yes and yes.  Ubertis and Pietta are the standard Colt clone.  They are well made, beautiful revolvers.  You can obtain a lever action rifle in that caliber as well which makes loading far less confused.  You need two revolverts, one rifle and a shotgun for SASS shoots, less for NCOWS outings.  I have seen very few .32-20 revolvers on Gunbroker for sale but I have seen a few rifles in that caliber.  Look at Cimarron's website, you might contact them and see what a set of revolvers would run you, or cast around at gun shows, on the web, etc.  Might ask here if anyone has them for sale. 

One question, why .32-20?  You will find the availability of .38 special weapons and reloading components to be far, far more useful and cost effective.  Of course, with my main battery revolvers in .44 Colt, I am one to talk . . .

Best of luck in your search, you will find the shooting and camaraderie fine at these meets.  Oh, whereabouts you hail from?

Mean Bob
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline slkslk

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 04:40:54 PM »
I have a Winchester 1892 in 32-20, and is a pleasure to shoot. It is also a tack driver. The 32-20 is the least expensive cartridge to reload that I have. Components are very easy to acquire. I cast my own bullets. The brass is cheep by comparison to others. I have 44-40's and 45 long colt pistols, and reload for all. The 32-20 round is the most enjoyable I shoot, other than a .22.....I can literally reload the 32-20 for just about what I can shoot .22,s for. I have an old S&W police style pistol that is in 32-20, but it is not a cowboy style revolver, and I can't shoot rifle ammo out of it. I have to load a lighter load for the revolver. Why 32-20 in revolver??? because I don't have one. Good reason or not, the cartridge appeals to me.
I am from Elk River ,MN, and we are having a 10" snowstorm as I type the reply. I thought winter was over.......

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:58:37 AM »

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 06:06:36 PM »
If you already have the rifle and reloading stuff, then sure it's a great idea.  If you can acquire the pistols, you will love them.  Nevada huh, too far a trot for me to let you try mine out. 

Best of luck!
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline slkslk

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
Is there much difference between the Cimarron model p old style and the model p pre war? I sort of like the P pre war....

Steve

Offline slkslk

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 08:44:15 AM »
I do have one ordered now. Cimarron Model P 5 1/2 32 WCF pre war. They claim 3 to 6 months, but who knows. I know it is wishful thinking but I sure hope it only takes the 3 months. I know that the 32-20 in not a popular caliber, and may take longer but you never know what manufactures are thinking....I wish there was a nation wide search tool for distributers to locate one somewhere. Perhaps there is and they don't want to be bothered. I have not asked that question to my FFL dealer. Fingers are crossed for luck. I might get one before the snow flies again.

Steve

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 04:10:52 PM »
Is there much difference between the Cimarron model p old style and the model p pre war? I sort of like the P pre war....

Steve

I am a nut for the conversions and open tops.  You need to get one of the SAA heads going on this idea!
- Cole Younger

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 04:24:21 PM »
I do have one ordered now.

Might try these guys, they stock a lot of Cimarron's and get stuff turned back from time to time:

http://www.3bshootingsupply.com/

Only interactions I have had with them they have been super nice.

- Cole Younger

Offline MJN77

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 07:51:25 PM »
I do have one ordered now. Cimarron Model P 5 1/2 32 WCF pre war. They claim 3 to 6 months, but who knows. I know it is wishful thinking but I sure hope it only takes the 3 months.

Buffalo Arms is showing them in stock now.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/Black_Powder_Revolver_it-161470.aspx?CAT=3925

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 11:42:15 AM »
Buffalo Arms is showing them in stock now.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/Black_Powder_Revolver_it-161470.aspx?CAT=3925
Yep, they are showing Ample Stock. Go ahead and order a couple from them, or find another dealer. It could take Cimarron a year to get theirs in, they are at the mercy of the exporter. The SASS Links has most of the popular dealers (like Taylors, EMF) listed. Good Luck :)
SASS Links

Jefro :D Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline slkslk

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 01:43:46 PM »
Actually I had it shipped today from Buffalo Arms. Thanks so much for the heads up on them. It should be here Monday or Tuesday.
Happy Trails
Steve

Offline slkslk

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 10:18:12 PM »
My revolver came in today. It sure is nice. One thing I  had to do was to relieve the sharp edges around the frame where the cylinder is. They were like a knife. With the cylinder in you could not feel the sharpness, but when you removed it they were like a razor blade sharp. I just took a jewelers file and hit them with one stroke and all is good now. Taking it out tomorrow to shoot it. Will let you guys know how it does.....

Steve

Offline slkslk

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 12:53:30 PM »
Here is my new revolver

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 06:56:15 PM »
Extremely sweet aren't they?  Enjoy it!
- Cole Younger

Offline slkslk

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 11:38:59 PM »
Extremely....The action is so smooth it is amazing. I am really impressed at this point. I shot a 1/2 box of ammo and it performed great

Steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com