Author Topic: Thanks for the ideas and help  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Thanks for the ideas and help
« on: April 13, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »
Hello Cuts,
All the ideas including the .44-40 ideas were given from the heart and I do appreciate them each and every one.
I am scrounging some .44-40 brass (Starline) realizing it is somewhat heavy wall and try neck expanding to .542 and see what happens. If it does not work I think there will be a home found for the good ones.

I shot a match this weekend and when I opened the side pates on the 1866 everything in there was perfectly clean after 60 rounds.

My other idea is to try some .45 Specials through the gun single loading and see what happens. If that works it will be converted with a proper loading block and I can use the couple of gallon bags of .45 colt brass in a slightly reduced load for use in the revolvers. Having some respect for my 80+ year old somewhat arthritic hands not gamer loads but a little softer on the recoil.

Something happened with the magazine spring on the ‘66and I was reduced to a 9 shot with one reload rifle on a ten shot stage and my Richard Mason conversion broke a hand spring so when cocking it required turning the cylinder by hand. The rifle is repaired and a new hand and spring are on order.

The only thing that did work was the 1887 shotgun and it ran the 2 ½” shell quite nicely. It is a bit finicky to load with the 2 shot receiver, but otherwise was the one gun that worked good. It is a Taylors (Chiappa) gun I have had for a while and just now am using it.
“And you are hit with the smell of the black powder smoke”
Bunk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com