Author Topic: The April Coffee 'n Tea Thing - No Foolin'  (Read 101901 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The April Coffee 'n Tea Thing - No Foolin'
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2014, 07:48:24 PM »
Went 'n hung out behind the coffee shop where good things supposed ta happen with an SUV. Thought maybe the rain,  back seat folded 'n heavily tinted windows would........................................

No joy..

Went home 'n toweled 'er down instead. Got the water 'n green goo off'n it.

Cut up the stuff for salads. Didn’t want one, she did. Sautéed a couple hamburger patties in EVOO ‘n Worcestershire sauce w/ mushrooms ‘n plated o’er rice.

Settlin’ in for a storm. Temps droppin’ right quick. Wind sounds like a nor’easter. Some rain but notta deluge - yet. 

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »
Still spittin' snow here. Temps down to 28 at the moment ::) :P
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2014, 11:37:29 PM »
It is supposed to get down to 41 for a low tonight. I thought that when March was over, that the cold weather was over. The GIrls are asleep in the back and I cannot sleep.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #203 on: Today at 11:59:01 PM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2014, 05:00:38 AM »
I'll start a pot ;)

Early morning, have to make a trip to headquarters after the checks this morning. Gonna be a busy bunch of days until Easter is over ::)

23 and dark here.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2014, 06:05:14 AM »
It is 48 and dark, with a high of 61 for today. Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. The Moose is looking at SUVs for her next ride. She teaches at several schools each day and has to haul her materials from school to school. The Toyota looks nice, what model is yours, Arcey?  I have seen the Toyota Highlander ads on the television.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2014, 06:46:26 AM »
Mornin’.

‘Low forties goin’ ta high forties, sunny ‘n windy.

Thankee, sir. It's a 4Runner, Tex. They’ve changed body styles since I bought it ‘n made ‘em a l’il bigger. Heard rumors Toyota's plannin' on droppin' the line in the near future. The current Highlander is about the size of mine. They're pret much the same thing 'cept the 4Runner sits onna frame 'n the Highlander's a unibody.

Gotta eight pound turkey breast stuffed in the big black one. Don’t look so big with that size hunka bird in it. Got the snaps prepped ‘n ready ta toss in the l’il red one with some chunked up ‘taters in a while.   
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2014, 11:04:31 AM »
No sales tax here.

No jobs either- most men under 50 have headed to oilfields in NoDakota

Thanks for the coffee
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2014, 11:34:33 AM »
Howdy all- yesterday i posted more news later. As of 0900 mountain time, Montana and I have filed for divorce. Mutually agreed, should be final in 2 weeks. In the meantime i am heading out Friday for Huntsville for interviews with several security companies.  When i return  i will  be loading up once again and relocating myself.  I normally don't care to discuss illness's self  or families or other family problems here.  I have been posting here for several years and consider you all friends. So if you wonder why i  am not posting. Or read it on FaceBook or wonder why you have been deleted you will know.  I will check in as i can- however from my phone is a pain in the ass.  Once i have access to a decent computer i will join back in. Ya'll keep it between the ditches. Ya'll that have my number can text me when you need too.

Adios
LR
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2014, 02:38:48 PM »
Sorry to hear that,lR. You take care of yourself and check in when you can :(

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2014, 03:44:31 PM »
Ouch!  I am sorry to hear of your troublws, Roo; you take care of yourself, and we'll see you on down the road, God willing.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2014, 05:46:50 PM »
LR...I saw this ....and I don't know what to say  :-\

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2014, 07:57:03 PM »
My best with everythin’, Roo. But, hell, ya know that.

Done up the turkey ‘n stuff. She’d been out spendin’ money with Andi all afternoon ‘n come home sick. Burnin’ up with a fever ‘n shiverin’ on the couch unner a couple blankets. Didn’t eat a bite. Gotta ton a leftovers. Ice box looks like a Rubbermaid® display.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2014, 08:08:19 PM »
Sorry to hear the news, Litl Rooster.

Today was fun. Woke up to the sound of the water pump constantly running. Took me over 12 hours to determine what might be the problem, get parts, and fix it. It was the pressure switch.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2014, 10:34:24 PM »
Sorry to hear about that, Roo.

Slim, the well problem could have been worse, I had a constantly running pump one time, turned out to be a cracked fitting on the well pipe, had to pull the pump and replace pipe.$$$$$

Couple of years later, pump burned out and had to be replaced....$$$$$$$$$$$

Hope I don't ever have to mess with THAT again!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2014, 05:43:49 AM »
I'll start a pot ;)

36 and sun here ::)

If we have to pull a pump here, it's a Major undertaking. We pulled one in the Treatment plant a month ago, luckily it was just clogged. Cleaned it out( YUCK!) and put it back to work. We occassionally have some of the other hang up, but can reverse them to clear'em ::) :o

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2014, 07:19:07 AM »
Mornin’.

Mid forties headin’ ta mid fifties ‘n a breeze.

Hadda serious accident onna back road leadin’ ta Sandbridge yestitty. Shut the road down. One killed ‘n others may not make it. My prayers for ‘em. Got a robocall on the hard wired from the VBPD this mornin’ at 0215 hours sayin’ the road had reopened ta traffic. Don’t know how we ended up on the list, she don’t either. We ain’t nowhere near the place.

Goin’ to the indoor. Meetin’ Andi ‘n Tim ta let ‘em toss a few down range ’n get rid of some .38s I ain’t usin’ in another match. Curious ta see the new paint on the place. Supposed ta bring it up ta the ‘NoBra’ arts district standards.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2014, 07:25:02 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. The temp is a cool 50, with a high of 65 today. I have errands to run this morning. Moose is getting ready for school and Victoria is napping after breakfast. I am not aware yet, I need a couple of cups of Cawffee.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2014, 07:33:00 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

'Tis 33 and overcast. "Cloudy with a chance of light rain in the morning...then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs around 50. South wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the west in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2014, 10:46:20 AM »
This has been a weird week for me, Wife and Son are both off from work and every day seems like a weekend day to me.Will be glad when they go back to werk... ;D I asked my son why he took a vacation week the same as his mother being off and he said " Poor planing" Had to laugh at that one.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2014, 11:06:05 AM »
Moose has had her Spring Break and I Seem to off all the time. It is still cloudy outside.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com