Author Topic: Another Henry to be auctioned off  (Read 4502 times)

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
Another Henry to be auctioned off
« on: March 21, 2014, 08:46:40 PM »
Received this in an email

http://www.henryrifles.com/henry-news/henry-repeating-arms-donates-serial-1-and-henry-from-1865-to-nra-auction/

It will be interesting to see what this package deal goes for.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Sleepy Floyd

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Another Henry to be auctioned off
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »
Will not go for pocket change.

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 03:32:27 PM »
Will not go for pocket change.

Current bid is over 31K.
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:34:26 PM »

Offline cal44walker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 10:47:39 AM »
The original used to reverse engineer the new one? LMAO.....yea, sure. That's why there are visible differences all over the place in those 2 guns and that's just on the outside. More like Imperato is (badly) putting together Uberti sourced parts like he did with the "Colt" Blackpowder 3rd Generation series. I love the Henry rifle design but I really loathe a company that ,to be honest, is right on the border of being fraudulent with regard to marketing a product. Good that they are auctioning 2 guns together....that way you get 1 that works at least.....   ::)

cal44walker

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 11:26:01 AM »
According to the article in the latest issue of "The Rifleman", the standard Henry will go for around $2,300 or so (plus tax???). I suppose, if I had to have a repro Henry and there was no other replica available, I might go for it. However, I think I'll stay with my Navy Arms M1860 Henry, which cost me around $900 about 20 years ago, when I first started CAS!  ;) Only problem with any of them, for me, nowadays, is the long, heavy barrel/magazine puts a bit more strain on my pore ol' back than a Rossi M92 with a 20" bbl.  :P
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »
Only problem with any of them, for me, nowadays, is the long, heavy barrel/magazine puts a bit more strain on my pore ol' back than a Rossi M92 with a 20" bbl.  :P

Testify brother, would that I had started 25 years ago . . .
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »
The original used to reverse engineer the new one? LMAO.....yea, sure. That's why there are visible differences all over the place in those 2 guns and that's just on the outside. More like Imperato is (badly) putting together Uberti sourced parts like he did with the "Colt" Blackpowder 3rd Generation series. I love the Henry rifle design but I really loathe a company that ,to be honest, is right on the border of being fraudulent with regard to marketing a product. Good that they are auctioning 2 guns together....that way you get 1 that works at least.....   ::)

cal44walker

You've handled & shot one ?    
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline cal44walker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 03:22:57 PM »
No and No. After having experienced first hand several times the kind of product the Imperato family throw onto the market and their borderline fraudulent claims of "originality" etc, I would never pay my own money for one of their products. I know you've tested one but I haven't read any reviews on functionality if you've posted your findings. I can guarantee one thing though. Any test rifle you would have received will have been given a complete shake down before it left the factory, the kind of quality control that you'll never find them doing for the production items. This is Henry's major problem: quality control. Some work Ok, many others are hopelessly put together. At the price they are aiming for, any rifle from them should be absoloutly top notch mechanicaly with excellent fitting quality wood and a good finish. The reviews that I will be watching for will be the ones from the hands of the people who receive the production item. If it goes as it always has then it won't be good. If they have actually turned around their time honored "slap it together and ship it" business model then good luck to them.

cal44walker

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 11:06:21 AM »
I have no wish to flame you so please accept response with that in mind  :)

responding to my "You've handled & shot one ?  question you said "No and No"

You also said "  I know you've tested one but I haven't read any reviews on functionality if you've posted your findings. I can guarantee one thing though. Any test rifle you would have received will have been given a complete shake down before it left the factor "

You are correct , I have reviewed & the article in is published in the NCOWS "Shootist " Winter edition.
You are however incorrect and you cannot make any guarantee's for or about the "Test" rifle ...
and your NO and No disqualifies your statements....sorry

The Rifle I received is standard production, In the review I shot 300 Rounds of , 5 different Ammo manufactures.
Black Hills, Ultra Max, two different bullet grains of Megtech  & 100 rounds of Hand loaded BP.
All fed fine and and only one failed to fire and that a was Bad primer ( It also failed in the Mule Uberti test rifle )

To date, the has been some 700 rounds through the this rifle. and it shoot 2 " groups @ 100 Yards with these OLD eyes !
No issues, not another failed round, no problems at all...

I have no dog in the fight, I don't have any connection with Henry Repeating Arms ,
I will tell you though as I wrote in my Review " they got it right ! "

"At the price they are aiming for, any rifle from them should be absoloutly top notch mechanicaly with excellent fitting quality wood and a good finish"

It is  :) 

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline cal44walker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 04:56:31 PM »
Like I said, good luck to them. As you mentioned, I haven't even laid my hands on one yet. I'm basing my opinion on every product I've seen come from the people behind this project. That experience has been poor at best. However being in the industry, I can still guarantee you that the rifle you got for testing did not just get picked up off the assembly line at random. I'm assuming Anthony knew you were receiving the test rifle to do a review and I'm in no doubt that rifle was checked for fit and function to a level that would never been done for a standard item. We do exactly the same in our shop. No way is an standard product going out for review testing when its just been launched. It get a total going over and any defects no matter how minor are corrected and the best finish and wood is chosen. If Henry have truly sorted out their hideously poor quality control then that's great. I love the rifle and if the long term reports are favorable and they are available here I wouldn't rule out buying one. Its going to take a lot of convincing though and trial by fire to turn my opinions around. Let's see how it goes. Always good to have another manufacturer involved in the game if they can deliver a quality product.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com