Author Topic: Nickel or Stainless 44-40?  (Read 2477 times)

Offline jimbobborg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Nickel or Stainless 44-40?
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:00:42 AM »
Does anyone still make a nickeled or stainless Peacemaker clone in 44-40?  I see Uberti makes a nickeled and stainless version but not in 44-40.  I checked Taylor's but they don't have one, either.  So if I wanted one, I'm basically going to have to buy a used Old Model Vaquero or Stampede? 

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 362
Re: Nickel or Stainless 44-40?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:41:34 AM »
Cimarron
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline jimbobborg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »
It appears I will have to special order a pair from them since the only 44-40 in nickel is the Model P Teddy Roosevelt engraved version for $1,116.70.  Or I can just buy two used Vaqueros.  Oh well.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:38:34 PM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 12:56:44 AM »
Cimarron stocks very few guns in nickle.  Because there are so many models and variations on each model, you never know what someone is going to want.  So when someone orders a gun nickled, they send it to Ford Plating to do the work.

Do you just want a shiny gun?  I know a guy who takes every gun he owns, including rifle and shotgun, and strips off the blue and polishes them in the white.  He does this with flitz and a dremel  :)  They look great and he shoots black powder in them with no rust problems.  Gotta keep them clean and wiped down of course. 

Offline jimbobborg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 05:12:21 AM »
Cimarron stocks very few guns in nickle.  Because there are so many models and variations on each model, you never know what someone is going to want.  So when someone orders a gun nickled, they send it to Ford Plating to do the work.

Do you just want a shiny gun?  I know a guy who takes every gun he owns, including rifle and shotgun, and strips off the blue and polishes them in the white.  He does this with flitz and a dremel  :)  They look great and he shoots black powder in them with no rust problems.  Gotta keep them clean and wiped down of course. 

Two reasons I want nickeled or polished stainless in 44-40 with 4 1/2" barrel.

1.  The bright finish lets me see powder residue easier so if I go BP cartridge I can see any leftover burnt powder.
2.  The original Hopalong Cassidy had a pair of nickel SAAs in 44-40 with a Winchester in the same caliber.  I have an 1860 in 44-40, so I have the rifle part, now I need the revolvers  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com