Author Topic: Your ivory handled pistols and knives may soon be illegal  (Read 27136 times)

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Your ivory handled pistols and knives may soon be illegal
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2014, 11:08:42 AM »
They are goin to have to put down the phones!Great point! Send that to Hannity Power Inequality,let him run with it.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »
Just wondering who "They" are?
Who will be given the authority to oversee the enforcement of this "regulation"?
How will, whomever "They" are, be financing the enforcement of this regulation? Will it be through confiscation and resale?
Or, will this come out of the Government Officials salary that proposed the "regulation"?
No! It won't come out of the "NO Load Officials" salary. It will come from the tax payers. You know those tax payers that buy and sell Ivory objects!
Oh, but wait a moment they can't buy, sell, or trade Ivory any longer. No more taxes from that source!

Very well thought out "Regulation"!

Just as a side note here...how would anybody know if I have any Ivory of any type or age?
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline bowiemaker

• Maker of sharp pointy things
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Carter Custom Knives
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2014, 12:43:30 PM »
They are US Fish & Wildlife Service. They have confiscated knives from knife shows. At the start of this campaign they made a big show of crushing 6 tons of ivory they had confiscated with a bulldozer.
NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 08:34:44 AM »

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2014, 01:21:40 PM »
Crush it,mix with resin,resale it..

I made a native pipe from a badger skull once,had it in a friends southwest store for sale,her competition next door saw it and called the Fish and Game i happenned to go by there to get it for a yardsale and later the F&G came by to confiscate it,something about disease,now i found the badger on the side of the road in summer heat of about a 105 and it had layed out there at least the summer before and was all dryed and sun bleached and i cleaned it further,he told her that he could have fined her 2,500.00 and closed her up.....
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Paladin UK

• UK`s 1st Warthog
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Have Gun.. "Might Travel"
    • White Knight Ranch... Homestead of Paladin UK
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2014, 01:37:45 PM »
Governments.... >:(  

JMOHO….

Us `Brits` are supposed to be ruled by ole `Lizbet 11` BUT it’s the government what really run the show, as it appears to be in your boootiful country

Encarta Dictionary points out…

Government.. (noun).

1.Political Authority… a group of people who have the power to make and enforce laws for a country or area.

Now I thought these `people` we elected by `us` to represent `us’.

But as it is painfully clear no matter WHAT political flag they fly once they have power for whatever reason they want to relieve us of our rights and our freedom.

Every single country on this planet is run by 1 person who has successfully conned the electorate into believing them and what they `supposedly ` preach!

And sadly, it looks set to continue until Nelson gets his eye back!!

Paladin (What gonna shuddup `n take his meds now ;D ) UK

I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
 MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2014, 01:49:18 PM »
Keep your eye on the cross + :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2014, 02:02:59 PM »
bowiemake,

How many knives did you loose during that Knife Show Confiscation?
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline bowiemaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Carter Custom Knives
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »
I did not lose any but I know of some very expensive knives from well known knifemakers that were confiscated at the New York Custom Knife Show. I do not use elephant ivory in my knives but I do use mammoth ivory occasionally. My fear is that they will not bother to differentiate between elephant ivory and mammoth ivory. This is another slippery slope that is already expanding to cover other animal products like horn, turtle shell and mother of pearl and imported hardwoods.
NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2014, 04:17:48 PM »
Look what they did to Martin Guitars..They actually have some models out now with neck joints made from compressed wood,i have an ole guitar that is almost all Brazilian Rosewood from the 60s...So what's wrong with importing fine woods?
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »
GC R,

I thought the subject was about Ivory.

There are some poisonous/toxic hard woods that might best be band from import. Over and above Ivory. Besides being endangered.
However, use of a dust mask or respirator of sort is still very advisable with most other objects to protect one from lung infection.

Bowiemaker,

Thank you for your reply.
In this case, I must assume you never saw a "Warrant"?
Which may give authorization to search and seize contraband of specific material?
Warrants for "Search and Seizure" may not be obtainable under a "Regulation", without known cause.
Such Warrants are hard to get with it being a Law, let alone a "Regulation".
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2014, 07:07:04 PM »
C'mon, guys - the 'Safety Nazis' the bureaucrats and politicians KNOW what's best for us - and the elephants.

'Splains the current state of affairs in our respective countries. We are all sliding towards totalitarian 'police states'. If you don't think so, please enlighten me as to why not.

Read t'other day that if you live and work in the city of London, you are on a surveillance camera at least 300 times daily. George Orwell would not be surprised.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2014, 07:15:20 PM »
C'mon, guys - the 'Safety Nazis' the bureaucrats and politicians KNOW what's best for us - and the elephants.

'Splains the current state of affairs in our respective countries. We are all sliding towards totalitarian 'police states'. If you don't think so, please enlighten me as to why not.

Read t'other day that if you live and work in the city of London, you are on a surveillance camera at least 300 times. George Orwell would not be surprised.

Fear will cause people to allow their freedoms to be constrained, which is really a very, very bad idea.  

London is in fact the most observed City on the planet.  If some of you ugly mugs went there perhaps they would turn off the cameras and shout "enough!"  

What what?
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2014, 09:07:41 PM »
Bob your stash is crooked,take a little more off the left side,yes i can see you ;D 8) :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 04:39:28 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oZo38CWl5Vs[/youtube]
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline bowiemaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Carter Custom Knives
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2014, 10:41:23 PM »
UPDATE:

On Thursday March 20, 2014 a meeting of the task force trying to ban all sales of ivory was held in Washington DC. About 27 people stood up to make statements and only about 8 were in favor of the ban. There were statements from 3 antiques people , cane collectors, Scrimshanders, musical instruments, orchestra, a knife maker and knife rights people among others. Some of the committee members clearly had not considered the wide ranging impact of this ban which. as proposed, would elevate the sale of ivory to a felony with 5 year prison sentences. Representatives of musical instrument dealers, orchestras, auctioneers, antique  collectors, knife dealers and scrimshaw artists stood up and told the Council the Draconian impact that the ban would have on their lives without saving a single African elephant. 

The real problem is the poachers in Africa and the huge ivory black market in China but since they don't know how to combat the real problem they want to punish law abiding American citizens. The proposed ban is being championed in the senate by chief gun grabber Sen. Diane Feinstien.

We really do need to make the time and effort to combat another poorly conceived government intrusion. The timing of new rules is not yet clear.  There will be something published in the next few weeks addressing CITES that possibly could include revocation of an existing special rule under the Environmental Species Act.  This could set up a legal framework prohibiting interstate trade of ivory.  They said to expect a 30 day comment period on that rule.

The “final rule” should come out in June, after which there will be a comment period.  We specifically asked that these rules not be issued as “interim final rules” which would go into effect immediately, and instead asked that any rules published be subject to comment before they can be enforced.  I think we have a good chance of getting this because of the wide ranging concerns raised, but nothing is guaranteed.

What we need to do

1.      Call your Congressman and Senators TODAY! Activist groups are already lobbying Congressmen heavily, and they are totally misrepresenting what the regulations and legal changes will do to you.  You need to inform them about what the proposed changes in the law will do to you, your collections, your businesses, and your families.  The message is simple – We all want to stop elephant poaching, but these laws punish innocent Americans, not elephant poachers or illegal traders in Asia.

2.      Call your trade organizations and make sure they are representing you.  Groups like the NRA, AARP, collectors associations, professional associations, knife clubs, gun clubs, industry lobbying groups – all of them need to hear from you and be educated about the severity of this threat.  These calls have a multiplier effect when they lead back to law makers, and they are starting to get people’s attention!

3.      Spread the word on social media. Use Facebook, Twitter, e-mail lists, internet forums, and all the ways you communicate people to spread the word about what the government is doing and why the Domestic Ivory Ban is a very bad idea.
NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2014, 09:44:59 AM »
That filthy ugly piece of crap Fienstien must get up every morning and think what can i do to pi$$ of the people today!I mean really they are as wothless as a tick on a turnip,we have some really serious stuff going on in Ca. number one being they really need to fix the San Juaquin river,i hope that thing breaks up and washes them all out to sea~Let me tell ya,keep your eye on China,cuase they sure got thier eyes on us,i'll garuntee ya that and Fienstine and Boxer in my opinion will take it where they can get it.One thing they want is all of Ca. and where i am we are in thier way!They will confiscate ours and sell it to China and China wants to do alot of things in Ca. They want to build a high speed rail here...I call it the labor train,goes to Mexico,load up,brings them to work here,takes em back <==================>
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2014, 05:41:34 PM »
Kalifornia has been a laughing stock and lost cause for years, the kingdom of the left wing nuts. If anything zany is going to be legislated, it is mandatory that it first be done in the Golden State.

I mean, how can you take it seriously when it elects Ahnold as Governator? That is really off the wall since he made so much money using and misusing guns in Hollywood movies.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 07:04:26 PM »
I love the state hate the polititicians! Wait till Awnold runs for pres :o You should start seeing more of him any day now!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2014, 09:22:24 AM »
You do know Arnold can't be President, right?
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com