Author Topic: WTB ASM Richards Type I Conversion 44 Colt  (Read 2357 times)

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: #810
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
WTB ASM Richards Type I Conversion 44 Colt
« on: March 13, 2014, 08:57:44 AM »
I'am looking for a ASM Richards Type I Conversion in 44 Colt. I know this is not the want adds, but have posted there with on results. I have many Conversions but sold my ASMs years ago, and now at 70 and a retired dealer and would like to have one again. I know all the troubles with them. The replies on the site sure tells me all you people sure know your firearms. 515-981-0694 or leepr@msn.com.
Thanks to all,
reno

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: WTB ASM Richards Type I Conversion 44 Colt
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:25:07 PM »
Never seen a gun so hard to find to buy. I  had 3 in 38spl. two good ones and one not so good. Iam a retired dealer and sent many of them back to suppliers when they came out for many of the reasons that have been discriebed in these forums, but now Iam thinking if they are all that bad you would think there would be a lot of them for sale. Going on 71 hope I have time to find one in good condition.
Reno

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 01:11:19 PM »
Check the nearest landfill or recycler as that is where most ended up..  ::)

Seriously, most were pure unadulterated junk. Awful QC. As well, the conversion ring they use is not authentic. The Cimarron/Uberti Type II is a far better gun.  ;)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:48:07 AM »

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 01:59:33 PM »
Thanks FCK, I have 2 of Ubertis type II in 44 Colt, great shooters, and well made. Just want one to shoot or try to fix to shoot, and hand down to my Grandsons and Greatgrandsons. I know of all their troubles. If they had the right cylinder, conversion ring, and a brass trigger guard, they would be awful close to the real thing.
Reno

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 08:48:15 AM »
At least they were made on a cap and ball frame rather than being a Rugerized 'kinda close' project!  Perhaps one day Pietta will wake up and give us something slightly more akin to the early Conversions.  I could easily tell the difference between my Uberty Conversions and an actual cap and ball framed pistol. It has been several years since I have seen any of the ASMs for sale and that last pair of ASM 38s actually performed well.  Problem was the owner had ground all of the sights (and part of the meat) off while trying to get them to hit anywhere close (was his story)?  Funny thing was that his butchering included both front and rear sights on both pistols???

Offline Graveyard Jack

• Top Active Citizen
  • aka CraigC
    • Graveyard Jack's Custom Sixgun Leather
  • SASS #: 81,827
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 02:21:59 PM »
"Rugerized"???
SASS #81,827

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk