Author Topic: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs  (Read 123534 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs
« Reply #440 on: March 30, 2014, 07:30:34 AM »
Got the new starter in the tractor. It works good.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #441 on: March 30, 2014, 08:45:04 AM »
Have a safe flight, TLD. Didn't see you last night at the banquet, but we arrived a bit late and didn't have much socializing time. Mostly just following the 1 year old around as she walked, after she got cranky from sitting in her stroller.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: March 31, 2014, 03:24:37 AM »
I saw you and your wife at the banquet, we were sitting at the table next to the picture taking  table.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #443 on: Today at 07:03:40 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: March 31, 2014, 05:37:54 AM »
Last day of March already. I'll start the pot ::)

We did salt, just in the areas we thought could use it. Only 700 lbs. this time, plus some scraping and hand salting around the club house. Then I beat clothes on the rocks after looking at the paper ::)

26, still darkish here.
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: March 31, 2014, 07:03:53 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

Guessers sayin’ mid sixties ‘n breezy.

Nice ride ta the range yestitty mornin’. Guess ya could say the shoot turnt inta a convention. Half dozen of us under the o’erhead talkin', watchin’ the rain ‘n temp fall while the wind picked up. Accomplished nothin'. Then I hadda nice ride back home.

Got all the race in though. Patrick set another record. First woman to finish 33rd, six laps down at Martinsville.

A few errands ‘n the eye doc later on. Should be fun.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #445 on: March 31, 2014, 07:24:36 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

'Tis 32 and overcast. "Blustery. Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the south 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: March 31, 2014, 08:43:39 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I slept in this morning. I got a touch of jet lag from the plane ride yesterday. I got an early flight out and got home about noon. It only takes an hour to get up there from here. I bought a Mills belt and a Slim Jim holster for my 1860 Army from David Carrick.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #447 on: March 31, 2014, 10:00:45 AM »
The Cawffee and hot water are ready for drinking this morning.It is in the middle 30s up here, with a high in the 60s. Del, I like the picture of the old. Dodge.This is the last day of the Convention, I am not attending. I have to get packed and drive to the airport.

I also begged off Sunday morning, went down and had the free breakfast by the pool, and John & I hit the road
@ 7AM ....We got pull over by Mo. State Trooper in one those Magnums just about 50 miles out, John spilled hot coffee and swerved
and the Trooper was behind us. He as if we'ed been drinking ...."No" just spilling  :-[  checked the licences and we were off
and stop to replace the coffee...  right at a 19 hour marathon drive  ::)

Jim , I had very good time hope to see you in again October, enjoy the coat.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: March 31, 2014, 01:18:59 PM »
Got 4 hours in today. Decanted the sludge tanks, serviced the big tractor, and a large mess to clean up in the club house men's room. Bird got in there somehow and had himself a pooin' good time. Took over an hour to clean up the mess ::) :o :-\

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #449 on: March 31, 2014, 02:06:12 PM »
Be happy it weren’t an eagle. Big bird…………………

Doc said the cataracts are gettin’ more obvious quicker’n he thought they would when he looked ‘em o’er last year. Sayin’ we’ll prolly have ta have a serious talk ‘bout gettin’ rid of ‘em next year. Tells me it’s painless ‘n takes less than twenty minutes.

Lovely………………..
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #450 on: March 31, 2014, 03:47:48 PM »
It's not too bad ,Arcey. Did both last year myself. Only thing that got tedious was the drops and grease for the two weeks after.Increase in vision was worth it, could actually drive without correctives if I had to. Reading's another thing though. Can't do it without the the bi's. Insurance would only pay for the basic lens, so I've got some astigmatism correction in distance lenses and progressive bi's for reading. Been in glasses since the fifth grade, so no biggie for me. surgery wasn't a real problem, in'n'out in about an hour total. Actual time on the table was about 20 minutes ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: March 31, 2014, 04:03:31 PM »
My last eye exam was in Jan., and my cataracts are getting worse. Eye surgery for me, next year too. I have worn glasses since the 6th grade.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #452 on: March 31, 2014, 07:38:51 PM »
Hello all. 

Rain.  Bout all I gots t' say.

Did go burn some powder yesterday.  several 30-30s and about a box of 20ga.  was gonna do some 45ACP, but the barrel on my stinkin' full guidrod 1911 got sideways.   wouldn't chamber all the way, and didn't want to risk pulling the trigger with the rim exposed.   :-\   

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: March 31, 2014, 08:23:15 PM »
TLD, David Carrico sure did have some nice stuff at his table, but....already bought the outfit my wife was wearing earlier the same day from Work-n-Ranch, kind of blew my budget as far as much of anything for me. If I wasn't doing the military thing all the time now, I sure like those slim jim holsters with the half flap.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #454 on: March 31, 2014, 08:35:50 PM »
Jim and I were sitting together, and I won the Carrico Wallet  :)  I was kinda ambulatory with a twisted knee so I didn't wander around much at the Banquet.
I saw the little one paddling around PE, but was to stunned by Doc Bob to pick some folks out of the ample crowd.
 I did miss seeing Fingers Magee.

12 Noon HUH ! we were just getting to the Big Muddy and the Cairo crossing about noon.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: March 31, 2014, 10:41:34 PM »
I am glad that you and  John made it home safely.  I did a little R and R today. I have some errands tomorrow before it starts raining.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: April 01, 2014, 05:35:59 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. It is about 60 outside right now, with a high of 81. The weather folks are predicting rain for most of the week, the yards can use the water.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com