Author Topic: Pietta 1873 S.A. revolver in 22 long and 22 mag.  (Read 4874 times)

Offline thumb butte billy

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pietta 1873 S.A. revolver in 22 long and 22 mag.
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:15:44 AM »
Hi guys and gals Greetings from Prescott Az.
Just pick up a Pietta 22 cal. single action revolver new in the box from Cabelas . I bought it as plinker, shots okay no complaints . I'm just trying to find out more about it, like the ruger it has a transfer bar but also has a half cock for loading. It is a three screw, walnut grips and 4 3/4 " barrel. Came with 2 cylinders 22 long and 22 mag and is a blued gun . The box has a tag on it calling this gun a 1873 S.A. Revolver. Serial number E31945. A friend needed money so I bought this for $200.00 Just trying to find out more about the gun and Does anyone know it's aprox. value. Thanks for any and all information.
Thumb Butte.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Pietta 1873 S.A. revolver in 22 long and 22 mag.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:15:59 PM »
Can't help with the value other than I saw one in a Cabelas sale flier a while back & it seems it was under $300.  Been wanting a .22 revolver for a while but didn't make the trip to my nearest Cabelas store because I figured it had one of those stupid external safety switches like on other imports I've seen. So, does it have an external safety?

Offline thumb butte billy

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
Hi Stu,
It's peculiar there is no external safety, there is a half cock to open the gate and load the cylinder but it also has a transfer bar, there is no firing pin on the hammer.   I was hoping more for info on the gun than price anyways.    I should explain I did not get the gun from Cabelas just that the gun was originally sold by Cabelas. I'm pretty sure I was the first to shoot it about a 100 rounds through it.     
Thanks for what you could tell me though
Thumb Butte

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:36:28 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com