Author Topic: Can a Newbie wear this...  (Read 18610 times)

Offline Gabriel Law

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Can a Newbie wear this...
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 12:46:09 PM »

I can't speak for Flatapple's blade, but mine is nearly 5/16" thick at the bolster.  But I confess:  this knife has little practical use!  The first and last occasion that I thought it would be useful, was in the butchering of a moose.  The blade, though razor sharp, is definitely the wrong shape for literally any cutting jobs, unless you are letting the life out of some critter.  A butcher knife is WAY more practical.

And I think the design may be a relic of the Civil War era, or even prior.  There may have been a few who carried such a knife in the era we attempt to depict in CAS, but it is more appropriate for the Plainsman era.

But Flatapple:  it is a lovely knife!

Offline Dan Gerous

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Can a Newbie wear this...
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »
Flatapple, I do believe you could win a fight just by showing that monster!I know if somebody was to come after me with a knife like that, I'd be tempted to just shoot myself and save him the trouble. I does seem like hanging that on your belt would tend to lower one's center of gravity. If you're looking for a good laugh, just send it to me and I'll take a picture of it mounted on my belt and dragging on the ground. I'll send it back afterwards ........ eventually
All growed up and still playin' Cowboy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com