Author Topic: I need some insight on Henry rifle sights  (Read 7115 times)

Offline BobbyF

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I need some insight on Henry rifle sights
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:14:31 AM »
Hi Pards,
     I have difficulty with the sight picture  on my HBB. It came with Marble semi buckhorn rear sight with a very small white diamond and a brass bead on the front. They work very well if I have plenty of time and support to aline everything, but if doing CAS type shooting I have trouble acquiring the target. Everything is just too small and "tight". Is there an easy "drop-in" replacement sight? I was thinking of filing the rear notch a little wider, but I didn't want to do anything that can't be easily undone. Thank you for any insight You Pards might have--BobbyF

Offline Sleepy Floyd

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: I need some insight on Henry rifle sights
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 03:55:10 PM »
I have a BB in 45C.  I switched out the buckhorn for a tang peep sight.  Great for picking up the front sight.  I do not use the BB for CAS.  I'm using a 1860 Henry.  If the tang is not to your liking you can install a marbles peep in the stick location.

Offline BobbyF

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 01:23:58 AM »

Hi Fergus,
     Thanks for the reply and ideas. I had put a Marbles peep on and like it. I just joined a CAS club in Albuquerque and several Pards tactfully said they were not acceptable. I switched back. Be well and thanks again--BobbyF

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:50:31 AM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 08:15:27 PM »
If you had a peep sight mounted on the tang, it should be acceptable. What would not be acceptable would be a peep sight mounted on the receiver.

Offline BobbyF

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 09:37:38 AM »
Hi Pony, Fergus,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Please put up with this rookie. I had it mounted on what I would consider the receiver, pictures below. I'm not sure I know what a tang is. I had to file the foot of the peep sight to fit the dovetail slot.
      Question- is it just downward pressure from the sight  "body" that holds the stepped mount to the "receiver"? If so, I was going to bend it some as it is a little loose. Can I bend the sight without breaking it ?
     Thanks again Pards and be well- BobbyF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com