Author Topic: USFA Omnipotent in 44-40.  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
USFA Omnipotent in 44-40.
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »
I really liked this one. I thought it to be a very unique firearm.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=388239542
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: USFA Omnipotent in 44-40.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:25:55 PM »
I had a pair of them in .38 Spl.  Really really nice guns.  I however, shoot Gunfighter and just couldn't figure a way to draw and point em.  Sold em.  Mine were about 1300 apiece when I bought em.  I can't believe how much this "customer" paid for that 44-40.  A fool and his money are soon parted.

Coffinmaker

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 10:54:59 AM »
"A fool and his money are soon parted." This statement is true, however, in it's previous context I am not sure I would be so quick to judge another man's decision to purchase an item he wants and obviously has the funds to pay for. Perhaps someday he may be smiling while taking a profit to the bank or he may simply enjoy his purchase for years to come.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:49:47 PM »

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1153
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 04:03:38 PM »
I am afraid I am another one of those wackadoodels eccentrics who really likes the Omnipotent. But not at that price  :o

I was absolutely intrigued by the lines and style of the Omnipotent when it first came out, and was saving up my lunch money with plans to purchase one, in spite of the obvious ergometric screwup issues of putting a double-action grip frame on a single action revolver.

I thought there was a real possibility unlike the astronomicallly slim chances of obtaining a new-made Merwin & Hulbert   :P  
Unfortunately The Omnipotents  were such a short run, I never really stood a chance.

Then the owner took his bat and ball and stadium even the entire franchise and left the game, leaving hundreds of players and thousands of spectators stunned and disappointed.

After considerable huffing and puffing, cogitation,  and examination and measurement of the Omnipotent Photos (the only thing left to us mere mortals) , I realized that it is little more than a model P with a heavily modified gripframe, grip , and hammer - so there is hope for a self-made "one-of" - much like putting a Thunderer gripframe and grips on an 1860.

So, a custom manufactured frame is getting put on The List Of Dreams, (after finishing my Hysterically Correct Fullstock Flintlock  Lehman Trade Rifle). If I can ever get the Honeydos , Winter Emergencies, and Summer Fire Season Preps under control ...

Without the possibility of having the opportunty to fondle actually handle an Omnipotent, however, I can only hope that  if I  ever actually get it started and finished once the gripframe is done I am not utterly dissappointed by, say, the inability to reach the hammer or some other such fubar dilemma.

yhs
prof amrvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Skeeter Lewis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 06:29:04 PM »
It's hard to know what the point of this firearm was.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com