Author Topic: January Coffee,Tea and a fresh start for a new Year  (Read 122444 times)

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: January Coffee,Tea and a fresh start for a new Year
« Reply #440 on: January 28, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »
staff for sure - pointy hat maybe

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #441 on: January 28, 2014, 03:11:21 PM »
staff for sure - pointy hat maybe

Tin foil?
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: January 28, 2014, 03:34:00 PM »

Advertising

« Reply #443 on: Today at 07:29:45 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: January 28, 2014, 03:46:48 PM »
Ain’t hit my hands yet, Buck. Knees, hips ‘n back for the moment. The SOB. Just weren’t sure I brought my fingers ‘n thumbs in from the barn this mornin’.

Gonna get mine hacked off come spring. Cut it once in the winter time. Left the shop ‘n the wind hit my nekkid neck. N’er again.

Groceries ‘n drug stores are packed. Startin’ ta spit a l’il. The village idiot, jr., a former TV weatherperson, sayin’ it’ll be here in earnest 1930 ta 2000 hours er so ‘n hang ‘round ‘til 0800 ta 1000 hours tamarrah. The radio station rented a room in the Sheraton next door ta the buildin’ they werk outta. They say they’re gonna be there for the duration. The village idiot, sr. lives in Williamsburg. Says he’s callin’ in sick next few days.

School cut ‘em loose an hour ‘n a half early. Rumor is it’ll be shut down the rest of the week. Seems like I just went thru havin’ her underfoot fer days on end………..
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: January 28, 2014, 06:04:57 PM »
Ours are closed, too, Arcey. Due to extreme cold. They are out of calamity days, but the state legislature just okayed four more in case. She's been off since Friday, they'll be closed tomorrow also ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: January 28, 2014, 07:05:41 PM »
Our warmup starts tomorrow. It did not get above freezing today. We finished off the last of the pot roast for supper tonight. Chicken tamale soup is planned for tomorrow, Moose is building a fire in the fireplace in the Den. I went back over to that pawn shop and found an old PPK and put on layaway. I should have it paid off by spring. I am shopping for a good leather belt holster and hoping I can find some .380 ammo by spring.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: January 28, 2014, 10:17:14 PM »
Chicken tenders and waffle fries and green beans here. Gettin' close to the end of the month. :-\

Currently -1,WC-13 :P :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #447 on: January 28, 2014, 10:52:31 PM »
I can't stand having long hair....  mine twists up and gets inside my ears, and my eyes, but it don't cover my neck. :-\

Today I went to the city for class...  boring as heck.   Then came back home, sat for an hour, and went to another class.  And then after that class, went strait to band practice.   Sigh...  Tomorrow I've got another class at 3:30...  wish I could exchange 3:30 for 30-30... ::) :P

We're having highs of 45-65, and lows of 15-25, all above zero ::)  We finally started getting a little precip. yesterday.  I think total amount is somewhere around 1/8 inch.  We've had 3.65" of rain this year.  Normally we've had ~40.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #448 on: January 28, 2014, 11:11:41 PM »
cooked an 18 pound turkey today ,Had mashed taters and corn with it for dinner,Lots of leftovers for the week... ;D ;D ;D,Maybe make some Turkey & Rice soup out of it.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #449 on: January 29, 2014, 06:30:49 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis -5. WC -23. High of 17.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #450 on: January 29, 2014, 06:55:19 AM »
Moanin', y'all.

Twenty sumthin’ ‘n the guessers say it’s gonna stay about there. L’il too breezy. Snow’s quit for now. Lookin’ at the unsheltered, level surfaces I’m guessin’ ‘bout four er five inches. The media’s called the precipitation a storm ‘n named it Leon. One the exaggerators says it’s a foot in ‘some places.’ Inna drift – maybe. This ain’t a foot.

It’s gonna be a long day. Most likely work with leftovers this evenin’. Got some right decent stuff in the ice box. ‘Course the stuff’s gotta make it thru lunch first.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #451 on: January 29, 2014, 08:28:23 AM »
1 we have one lousy degree, going to middle 40's I hope, need to change a fuel filter on The General, nephew is coming over after he gets off, it's on the frame. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: January 29, 2014, 09:22:05 AM »
Yesterday morning it was 0º - no degrees at all. Only got up to 18 by the end of the day, then I has to put a battery in the Boy's pickup ::) That was $147.  Already up to 14º this morning.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #453 on: January 29, 2014, 09:34:47 AM »
Arcey,looks like you're going to need your "Mud Grip" tires to get around
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #454 on: January 29, 2014, 09:59:02 AM »
Guessers are backing off the 30's they said we'd have tonight ...maybe low 40's...rain for two days thought and 50 high both days....

When to the Vampires (Doc) for my bi- yearly ... BP was good , wants a Blood work for Ha ha's, want's me to get a Colon run photo  ::)
I explained no need " I'm perfect A**HOLE"   :)...still she insists I should get one ...Prolly will ... :-X

Gotta Fly to Baltimore this week end,  Biz trip,  expect it to COLD !,  hope I don't get Stranded, that will piss me off !

Doing Roast Beef , Taters , Carrots & Onions tonight... 

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #455 on: January 29, 2014, 10:10:49 AM »
got make one of the off site runs this morning.  got a dusting of snow... but like the guessers at Da Beach.. they don't own a ruler.

Coffee is good need to run
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: January 29, 2014, 11:17:16 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee. So much for the warm up. The temp is 29, the sun isn't warming things up yet.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: January 29, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »
I went by my favorite hamburger place and picked up a burger,fries and aCoke Zero for lunch. I took it home and Victoria and I shared it. The temp is still around freezing outside.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: January 29, 2014, 02:14:47 PM »
That there ‘o’er fifty’ thing ain’t no big deal, M2. Yer in LaLa Land when it's in progress. Make sher ya got ya plenty readin’ material in the library the night ‘fore cuz yer gonna be spendin’ a lotta time in there.

Reckon the city ran outta sand, ‘n we got lot’s of beach, ‘n salt. They ain’t done half ta the main roads they did last week. Roads thru the ‘hood ain’t been touched. They done one lane on Princess Anne each way. Got someone high-centered on the snow pile left by the plow it the old folks home. Main road leadin’ ta the lake ain’t been touched but the road behind it has.

Harris Teeter’s gotta landscapin’ company in the parkin’ lot. Couple rednecks with Bobcats ‘n it’s looks like they’re havin’ a blast.

Station Wagon done alright, Maj. Tires got ‘Duelers’ wrote on ‘em. Suppose that’s some sorta play on dual traction er sumthin’.

Fat lady got the call a few minutes ago. School’s canceled tomorrow. I’m bettin’ she ain’t goin’ back ‘til Monday. She’s happy now. Come May ‘n she’s goin’ in on Saturdays I’ll remind ‘er of it.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #459 on: January 29, 2014, 02:21:14 PM »
Afternoon all. 

Well, we got a little more rain, and it's still comin' down.  not much, but some.  The temp has been at a fairly constant 45, and the winds have been between 5-25 mph.  Snow level is still above 7000... :-\

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com