Author Topic: Out of order.  (Read 8717 times)

Silent Joe

Out of order.
« on: December 30, 2013, 10:57:31 AM »
Pards, at this moment I laying on the couch with a twistet knee. No broken bones, I'm luky, but painfull and a lot of water in it. I can't use my computer, I can't walking upstairs, so I use the tablet of my Wife, but can't do everything I want. I wish al of you a Happy New Year with good health and happines

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Out of order.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »
I can relate, Joe!

Last July I pulled a muscle in my right calf which made me a little awkward, so I managed to smack my right knee cap with the truck door right afterwards.
I'm STILL dealing with it, although I find that I can snowshoe and x-country ski with it as long as I wear a knee brace. X-rays show nothing and I was told that it wasn't arthritis, so I'm grateful.

I'm looking forward to a good 2014 of shooting with a couple of new toys and I wish the same for all of us!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 362
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 10:58:58 PM »
I'm currently laid up in a scary situation myself with little use of my left arm and shoulder.

I've had a rough year with pinched nerves in my neck and have just went through the second surgery for it. Neurosurgeon says he feels like the nerve will recover and I will have good use of my arm and shoulder again after some time and therapy.

Praying for good health and happiness for everyone in 2014.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:22:21 PM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 01:21:11 AM »
Joe, I have no idea what you did, but don't do it again!

Sorry, that's all the advice I can give you.

Miss Lis, make him do what he's supposed to do to get better.  Sit on him if he doesn't cooperate or if he gives you a hard time.

Prayers for both of you..... and happy New Year.

BTW, that advice goes to anyone else who's bunged up.  Whatever caused it, don't do it again.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 07:11:48 AM »
Good advice Forty Rod.  Silent Joe, I fell and fractured my left wrist, so hoping we all mend quickly.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 08:14:15 AM »
Get yourself healed up Joe and take care. Gods Blessings and Happy New Year to you and all of Cas City readers. Been laid up twice in past years-rotator cuff surgery and verrrrry stretched ligaments in hand. Couldn't shoot or play guitar for a spell either time. 'Endeavor to persevere'!!!! ;D
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 10:43:55 AM »
I'm doing pretty good. No new pains, no new injuries. I can almost pay my bills. I just thought I ought to mention this. I hope ya'll get to feeling better.  :)
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 11:14:40 AM »
Gittin' older ain't fer wimps, is it?

It ain't fair - after a lifetime of work and service, you'd think it ought to be easier to get and stay in shape. But, it works just the opposite.
That's OK as we had to live this long for things to become a problem. We're survivors of our generation.

I'll be celebrating New Year's Eve by going x-country skiing with the dogs. Gimme something to worry about .....
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 04:00:25 PM »
Gittin' older ain't fer wimps, is it?

It ain't fair - after a lifetime of work and service, you'd think it ought to be easier to get and stay in shape. But, it works just the opposite.
That's OK as we had to live this long for things to become a problem. We're survivors of our generation.

I'll be celebrating New Year's Eve by going x-country skiing with the dogs. Gimme something to worry about .....

Don't run into John! :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 10:34:19 AM »
And who might "John" be .... ?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
"John" is a small room full of chrome, tile, porcelain, cultured marble, etc that is often wet and very slick and may well be the scene of most of these guy's injuries.   ::)

Happy New Year.   :D
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 11:30:12 AM »
The bathroom and the automobile are the two most dangerous things in America. These are the cause of more deaths and injuries than any other items you might encounter. It's a wonder that there aren't mass marches on Washington calling for their restriction, their being registered or their being banned.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Shawnee McGrutt

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 01:07:26 PM »
Shotgun, don't give the politicians  any ideas,  the bathroom and  the car are  two of a few places left for a man to think in private.
National Congress of Old West Shootists 3633
Single Action Shooting Society 88462
Society of Remington Revolver Shooters
The Sublyme and Holy Order of the Soot
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 01:52:32 PM »
John is the old guy that hangs around here that married a 23 year old gal! He been x-country skiing too lately~

Boy you guys are bored!! :D

To old to shoot outlaws,but can sure shoot the s*** :P :D ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 02:36:30 PM »
Bored we are NOT! Just fit as hell with the heart rate of much younger men.

I see what happened to my friends who gave up on themselves and now suffer from poor joints, obesity and diabetes. They have to look up the word 'exercise' in the dictionary in order to know what it means. Not for this Cowboy!

As for being too old for shooting outlaws, how old is that? Old men are dangerous. We haven't got the time or patience to argue with d!psh!tz or fancy martial arts moves. That's for the movies.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 05:19:27 PM »
DRAW!!!!!!! >:( ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »
Shotgun, don't give the politicians  any ideas,  the bathroom and  the car are  two of a few places left for a man to think in private.

Sorry Mac, but I haven't seen a lot of thinking going on in cars in lo these many years.  Seems like most folks turn on the ignition and their brains fall our and roll under the seat.

Silent Joe

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »
OK boys, here the latest news. My twisted knee is still going better. I can walk with one crutch in and around the house and got therapy of a lady therapeutist  ;D. It is a long way to go, but I hope everything will be OK at some time. Thank you all for your messages. Wish you a nice week.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 03:41:07 PM »
Hey, Joe, our local theater group is going to do Treasure Island.  Would you like me to put in your name to play Long John Silver?

Seriously, that's good news and keep on taking care of yourself.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 03:43:48 PM »
Lady therapist, huh? I could handle one of those .....

When I smashed my left elbow while serving in West Germany, I did my rehab at a Brit Military Hospital. I loved the 'personal' attention I got from a female therapist. Almost forgot about the pain .....

Following that, we worked under "Remedial Gymnasts", soon-to-be-retired Physical Training Instructors. These were the most fit, tough SOB's I've ever known, aside from a couple of SAS types I parachuted with.

If you slacked off, they were all over you like a London fog. If you worked with them, they were very encouraging. I was motivated as most were twice my age and a real inspiration.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com