Author Topic: Leech and Rigdon Fix  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Fredcdobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Leech and Rigdon Fix
« on: December 29, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »
Uberti now makes these guns with a 1851 Navy Cylinder. I had Hoof Hearted remove the engraving so it looks more like an original. Good job and I like the look.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: Leech and Rigdon Fix
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 03:47:30 PM »
nice job ....
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:46:58 PM »
Great looking piece.  I had a Pietta '51 Colt and a G&G one time and I swapped the barrels and cylinders around and temporarily made a L&R. 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:36:17 PM »

Offline Fredcdobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:31:15 PM »
I don't get it. How much effort would it take for Uberti to yank some cylinders before the roll stamp process and reinsert them in the manufacturing chain once passed that process?

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »
I agree Fred ,Look's like if you would want to build a good copy that leaving of the roll engraving would be the easy part. I have an old 1970's era Griswold&Gunnison revolver that has the roll engraving on the cylinder . Sad part is the engraving look's really good if it were on a 1851 Navy. But just jumps out at Ya on the G&G.That Hoof did a fine job for Ya, a fine looking pistol.,,,,,Dusty

Offline Fredcdobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 09:15:37 PM »
I have a bad habit of getting it in my head that something is not "right" and then chasing a resolution leading with my wallet. sigh.
But I do really like this revolver. I also am very fond of the Pietta Dance Brothers gun...and all the rest of em.

Offline Flint

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 04:26:42 PM »
Too bad they changed it.  Mine is but 10 years old, but has a plain cylinder.  Seems like it would be cheaper to leave the cylinder unengraved, but they probably want to blue at the end and not have to sort.  I recall someone complaining on one of these websites that they got a Navy without the engraving... perhaps Uberti has some careless assemblers.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com