Author Topic: I need help  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Ransom

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I need help
« on: November 25, 2013, 01:49:40 PM »
I'm new here and unsure how to post. Anyway, I need help.

I learned all too late the nuances of cutting down 45-70 ammo into 45-60.  My buddy and I decided to cut down some 45-70 brass and make 45-60 ammo. We got the overall length thing right but really didn't think the thickness of the rim would matter. We acted before we finished researching. Now, i've learned two ways that thickness does matter. One by additional research after I got two dummie rounds hung up in my Uberti 1876. I suspose because of difference in headspace the ejector will not flip the round out of the gun. I have the round freed up on both the ejector end and the bullet end. It is just lying there loosly in the carrier. I can't get the round out! if I work the lever and reconnect the ejector the round will not flip out. Any help on how do I get this round out and the second one that is still in the magizine?

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: I need help
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 02:35:54 PM »
Dremmil tool and start cuttin???
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 06:13:28 PM »
A steel cleaning rod down the front of the barrel, perhaps?  That's what I do with my little .410 when a shell doesn't eject.  Just be careful not to mess up the crown or rifling.  is the case primed or unprimed?  and what is inside?

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:14:24 AM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 06:25:32 PM »
Sounds like you'll need to disassemble it, remove the carrier and get the round out of it. (Don't have one of these myself, bit I think that's the way, since they are similar to a '73 or '66)

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 08:11:59 AM »
I think if you lower the elevator and feed the "captured" dummy cartridge back into the tube pushing the second round back also.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com