Author Topic: Ever wonder how Uberti revolvers are made? Wonder no more.....  (Read 4526 times)

Offline Old Smokey

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ever wonder how Uberti revolvers are made? Wonder no more.....
« on: November 20, 2013, 10:53:20 PM »
[youtube]qYOJa8ZNxmE[/youtube]

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Ever wonder how Uberti revolvers are made? Wonder no more.....
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 08:16:53 PM »
Really enjoyed that! They may be mass produced (maybe 'production line produced would be better?) but there is a LOT of hands on work, if not hand fitting.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline griswold

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 12:57:57 PM »
Lets see, cutting grooves for inserting the ammunition. Installing the cylinder pin for for ejecting the ammunition, checking the 3 positions of the hammer..........did I miss anything?

Other than that, the video was informative.
Griswold,
The Griswold was favored by my Great Grand Pa James Henry Story who rode with the 7th Georgia Cavalry.

Advertising

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 02:44:13 PM »
Lets see, cutting grooves for inserting the ammunition. Installing the cylinder pin for for ejecting the ammunition, checking the 3 positions of the hammer..........did I miss anything?

Other than that, the video was informative.

Unfortunately, the people writing the scripts for the voice overs aren't present when the scenes are shot and most certainly aren't experts.  If you are an expert or aficionado of pretty much anything that appears on the "how do they make it" type shows, you will see lots of errors.  I love the shows just the same.

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 03:40:40 PM »
That was pretty neat.  I wish they'd make a video showing how an 1876 winchester rifle is made.  Maybe they would show the 800lb gorilla that tightens all the screws.
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 11:53:02 AM »
That was pretty neat.  I wish they'd make a video showing how an 1876 winchester rifle is made.  Maybe they would show the 800lb gorilla that tightens all the screws.

;D ;D ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline TheOtherLeft

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 06:08:26 PM »

I have a Uberti 1873 and recently undid a few screws to get to the action. I too had a problem with tight screws but read on another forum that Uberti use tripled boiled linseed oil as a threadlocker. Coupled with soft screws then they will burr when trying to undo them. The suggestion was to use a blow torch to melt the linseed oil. I used a butane soldering iron on the screw head. This seems to work. I did replace the side plate screw with a hardened one as I didn't apply enough heat.

I've since removed the lever, lifter etc screws without marring them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com