Author Topic: How much does a good repro go for?  (Read 5628 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
How much does a good repro go for?
« on: October 30, 2013, 09:41:29 PM »
Hi y'all.  I was just wondering if y'all had an idea how much a decent Henry repro would go for.  Kinda gettin' interested in these contraptions, but I have a general lack of money........

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline major

• Top Active Citizen
  • I shoot blanks out of my Spencer for reenacting!
    • 9th New York Cavalry
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How much does a good repro go for?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 10:16:25 PM »
New they are about 1200 + shipping.  I have a NIB one for sale if you are interested.  Brass frame in 44-40 with sling swivels.
t.schultz5@roadrunner.com
Terry
Terry
Free Mason
9th NYVC www.9thnycavalry.webeditor.com
155th NYVI http://155thny.org
Alabama Gun Slingers
Shadows of the old west reenactors
SASS Life Member
SCOPE Life Member
NRA Life member
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome, and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW!... What a ride!"

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 11:00:07 PM »
Salutations TK:

Check on Gunbroker.  Check daily as there is either 5 of them or none of them depending on when you check.  I have seen nice ones go for 900.00-1100.00.  Top end price with shipping and FFL fees will approach 1200.00 for a new weapon, as pointed out above, but I have seen a few go for less.  Getting one for less requires patience.  For example, there is a .44-40 caliber Iron Frame (rare to see those) asking 1000.00 used.  The buy now price is 1100.00.  If it is in decent shape, that is a good deal (in my limited experience) for the iron frame model.  I think you'll pay a tad more if you order one new from say Dixie Gun Works (casting an eye to that purveyor I saw a short barrelled brass frame "trapper" Henry's for 1,025.00 new, and an Iron Framed rifle new at 1,425.00--surprising to see two for sale at one time on two sites; standard models seem to fetch about 1,250.00 American Dollars there).

Best of luck in all your endeavors,

Mean Bob Mean

"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:43:39 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 12:44:22 AM »
Ahhh there was a time .... I bought my first one in 1980 NIB form Navy Arms $ 385 shipped with the 10% FFL fee added in as well.
course that was 34 years ago  ;)

$900- 950 previous owned seems about the average... I have seen $800 but not in the last few years or so, maybe FTF but not advertised anyway.
Dealer is now $1000 for NIB Uberti ( Brass Civilian model ) $1250-$1350 range retail , either caliber.
or $2300 (course Davidson's says $1850 except they have none ) for the new HRA intro.

An Iron Frame @ $1000 ( decent shape ) would be a grab ...even if a Brass frame popped up shipped & fee'd @ a grand is not out of line.

Oh.... I bought my (or my wife did ) 2nd Henry LNIB un-fired for $875 in 1999
Traded for my NIB Iron frame 2007, equal to about $800- 850 in outlay.
and bought back, my old 1980 Navy Arms in 09 for $500.... ( I had sold it 21 years earlier )

No plans to part with any of them.... as one is Civilian (the early one) , a military model, and the iron frame....
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline MJN77

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 04:54:38 AM »
I bought a nice used military Henry off of gunbroker about two years ago for $700 plus shipping.

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 02:24:41 PM »
Ahhh there was a time .... I bought my first one in 1980 NIB form Navy Arms $ 385 shipped with the 10% FFL fee added in as well.
course that was 34 years ago  ;)

Major:

There were some Henry's that were "American Made" by navy arms before the manufacture switched to Uberti.  How many, and how do we tell them apart?  Two on Gunbroker claim to be US made guns from Navy Arms but I don't trust that claim without some idea of when where how, etc. 
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 03:06:11 PM »
That was Val Forgett's enterprise , I seem to recall they were in 44 Rimfire & 44/40.... perhaps just 50 or less of each were produced.
It was not profitable, and he sent the project to Aldo Uberti with which he had a long working agreement dating back to the 51 Navy's.

at that time, just Navy Arms / Replica Arms,  and Allen Arms of New Mexico imported the new Uberti's Henry's and
in two calibers 44/40 and the ultra rare 22 Long.... I have seen a 44 Spcl' but I think it was re-chambered  :-\

My Circa 1980 is a 44/40, and has a 22" barrel, rather than the 24",  original price was $ 350 including shipping + 10% to the Gun Shop that ordered it for me .... in fact we ordered two ( my friend got one also )
I sold it, in 1988 having used it reenacting when my daughter was born, wanted & needed to pay off the stork.
This was just before the BS Clinton 10 round Magazine ban, which caught the Henry in the red tape, they could not be imported for several years.

In 2009, the fellow that bought it, told me he was going to sell it , he had put it in his safe but never shot it  :o
Though the blue was worn from my years in the saddle it was still in great shape .... he planned to ask $600... told me $500 , he only had to say it once !
( $500 is what I had sold it to him for )
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 07:55:43 PM »
So there isn't a whole lot of difference in price between the new and used, about $300......hummmm.  I have to go see how many pennies I can pick up off the highway.....

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Sean Thornton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Bentonville, NC 2010
    • The Henry Repeating Rifle
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »
I paid $350 for my first Navy Arms Manufactured Henry back in 1980. They made a limited run of 50 in rimfire which were interesting even down to the 2 prong firing pin. There was also a limited run of 500 rifles in .44-40, a limited run of Henry carbines(22 inch barrel) of 1000 as well as a couple of other limited runs of different versions.  Total there seems to be about 2500 to 3000 Navy Arms manufactured Henry rifles.  They do differ very much from the Uberti version. The side plates are held on by 2 screws, the carrier is shorter with the frame cut different for it.  Also the trigger spring is an internal spring rather than external. I still have this Henry but do not shoot it much.  It has had several thousand live round though it and over 30,000 blanks fired in it.

My other Henry I use is an Uberti manufacture military version. I paid $850 for this one new several years ago and since had it engraved. It has had more blanks through it than live rounds, probably 15,000 plus blanks fired.

I have own probably 8 other Henry rifles between these 2 I own now. While I have never owned an iron frame Henry I would like to some day. All of mine were in .44-40 which is a much better caliber as a rifle cartridge than is the .45 Colt.
"Victory thru rapid fire"
National Henry Rifle Company"
SASS 5042 LTGR

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com