Author Topic: I'll be sending the NRA a letter  (Read 8004 times)

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I'll be sending the NRA a letter
« on: October 11, 2013, 07:14:35 PM »
 Return reciept asking to cancel my subscription! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Chuck Michel, a Southern California attorney who advises the National Rifle Association on gun rights issues, said that with the exception of a bill phasing out the use of lead in ammunition used in hunting, Brown vetoed the measures that were of greatest concern to the NRA.

We deal in lead buddy!

NRA -Negotiating your Rights Away
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I'll be sending the NRA a letter
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 07:44:33 PM »
Did he annouce it or work for it. What he said is correct but not necessarily the end.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 11:00:24 PM »
hummmmmmm......????.....  ??? What da' heck?   That is very disappointing.   :-\

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:28:30 AM »

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 11:50:42 PM »
I say no quarters!! Or maybe someone has a buddy that makes a different and hopefully as good bullet! The other pi$$er is you have to dig to find these stories,they won't front page them!!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Beauregard Hooligan

• CAS-L Moderator
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Cas City Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 02:56:04 AM »
A couple of years ago the NRA told me that they would no longer send ne the American Rifleman. They said the money to send me the magazine was better used in the ILA effort, even though they had a contract with me to send that magazine until I died. Now it's GOA instead of the NRA. :(
My Cas City Profile: http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/beauhooligan/
SASS Life * NMLRA * NRA Life * Deputy of CAS-L * River City Regulators * Mother Lode Shootist Society * Murietta Posse, WASA #56.
Stockton, Ca.

Offline Ransom

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 01:37:20 PM »
This is my first time on here. I believe NRA gets to envolved in too many things. Like killing little sandhill cranes here in KY. I also, believe they/we are the only real organization that gets notice and respect with both state and national legislators. Most of them fear us. To me the other so called gun rights groups do a good job of promoting themselves, solictiing memberships and donations. So far as the magizine, I have some buddies that say they were cut off with e-magizines only. I had an option. I contacted them back and opted for the paper edition. Nothing more has been said.  I like my father before me, he died in 1980, have gotten so mad as to cancel my membership more than once. I get at least 2 membership dues duns a year. All in all they are still our best hope for preserving our second amendment rights. Happy thanksgiving!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »
Yea well,i'm shootin lead,to haties with Jerry Brown!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 06:09:59 AM »
Ease up a bit guys.  The law applies only to hunting to be phased in by 2019.  You can still use lead for target shooting.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline Deadeye Don

• SASS # 76281
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • DeadeyeDon
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 06:12:47 AM »
A couple of years ago the NRA told me that they would no longer send ne the American Rifleman. They said the money to send me the magazine was better used in the ILA effort, even though they had a contract with me to send that magazine until I died. Now it's GOA instead of the NRA. :(

I am not disputing what you were told, but that just doesn't sound right to me.  I have never heard of that occuring.  Did you contact the NRA and ask them about that?  I am a life member and get my American Rifleman on schedule.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 02:00:36 PM »
I hunt grey squirrel with my 22s,season is in Jan. i by golly will still do it too although i haven't in a few years,but got me a new hip now,all i have to do is drive east for about an hour,i ain't never not collected my kill either,although a mountain lion was thinkin about collecting me and my squirrels once,he was sure sneakin and i was sure holdin on to my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mad 10 1/2,made it back to my truck though.

No Jerry Brown,you can't go with me!!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 02:42:03 PM »
I dunno, Rick.  Jerry seems kinds squirrely to me... ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 04:23:12 PM »
Yeah, right ... unless you're an IPSC shooter practicing on a 'green' range or in a jurisdiction where only FMJ bullets are allowed.

I've yet to see the 'green' .22 LR ammo to replace the current lead used for both hunting a target shooting. That means no more bunny and bird hunting with a .22 after that date, but the condors and other predators that eat gut bags and unrecovered game willl be safe. I've been losing sleep over that .....

Ease up a bit guys.  The law applies only to hunting to be phased in by 2019.  You can still use lead for target shooting.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 05:57:16 PM »
I dunno, Rick.  Jerry seems kinds squirrely to me... ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

--TK

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Wolfgang

• Top Active Citizen
    • The Desperate Hot Springs News
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 08:16:28 PM »
Gun Click'r Rick is . . . squirrely all right . .  ;)
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 08:27:45 PM »
You ole bushy tail~ :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Octagonal Barrel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 01:00:41 AM »
2019 is a ways off yet.  I wonder if we can't get the NRA to revisit this issue, and in turn get the legislature to revisit it.  I'm personally really surprised there wasn't at least a geographic limit to habitats of certain specific endangered species.  Seems like that would have been something even the environmental crowd would have thought of.  In my opinion, that law just plain overreaches its intent, and as such, a determined opposition should be able to fix it at least some.

I will add (at some risk of misunderstanding) that I have long held environmental issues and California's high country at heart myself, and I still think this law just isn't sound.  Could a letter writing campaign be better than an NRA cancellation?  Hope not to offend, just suggest...  Need we really think this is a done deal?
Drew Early, SASS #98534

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 09:47:50 AM »
I read the NRA article, in the latest magazine, and they were just reporting what happened. 'It could have been worst.' You don't divorce your wife because she's the one who told you it's gonna rain.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 12:04:55 PM »
I read the NRA article, in the latest magazine, and they were just reporting what happened. 'It could have been worst.' You don't divorce your wife because she's the one who told you it's gonna rain.

Well we know who wears the pants in your family~ :D :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 12:19:20 PM »
Well here's the newest little spit in your face thing they have going now in the wilderness above me.There are alot of lakes up in them mountains,and some folks like to hike way up and go fishin,i did it a couple times years ago.Now they are stating that the yellow legged tree frog is in danger becuase so many trout are eating to many of the eggs,now they want to kill off and remove the trout they put there years ago to save that frog....Never seen one,never heard of one and i imagine there is still plenty off them.Last year it was the horse corrals and buissnesses for horse back riding,we shut them down fast on that one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkLo5XElVSw[/youtube]
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 02:44:14 PM »
Return reciept asking to cancel my subscription! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Chuck Michel, a Southern California attorney who advises the National Rifle Association on gun rights issues, said that with the exception of a bill phasing out the use of lead in ammunition used in hunting, Brown vetoed the measures that were of greatest concern to the NRA.

We deal in lead buddy!

NRA -Negotiating your Rights Away

??? Blaming the NRA for something your legislature did and your governor signed? Cancelling your NRA membership because you people can't get a hold of your state and local government? How is that supposed to work? ::)
 Without the NRA where is your club going to get the insurance for the range to cover your shoots?
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com