Author Topic: armi sport Spencer, in 56-50  (Read 8068 times)

Offline pakm

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
armi sport Spencer, in 56-50
« on: October 09, 2013, 12:56:15 PM »
I shot my new Armi sport Spencer today with my reloads. I pour a 350-360 gr. bullet from Accurate molds( it's made for the 56-50 cartridge) . I read where 12 gr's of Trail boss was a good load. my cases wouldnt take but  10 1/2 gr;s of TB. with out compressing the powder but I"ve heard you don't want to compress TB.  but that load was very accurate I did have a couple of one holders at 25 yards(I don't know if I can see the target at 50 yards yet.(new glasses, don't you know), the rifle worked flawless, if you worked the action with great vigor.  it fed and ejected sideways or straight up or pointed up.   The sights seem to be about an inch to the right at 25 yards.  that's pretty good for the first shot's out of the box. The trigger waan't too bad. this was my first shoot with it and I need some more time with the rifle. but i'm in love with it.  I tihink it works better than the orginals(and yes, a friend has a 153 year old spencer we're shooting also.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: armi sport Spencer, in 56-50
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
Congrats on your Spencer! It's on my bucket list for sure.

Got a pal with one and he shoots it as his main match rifle. Hurts him time wise of course, but he couldn't care less. He goes for "style" and it's a joy watching him reload with homemade tubes taken from his frock coat inside pocket.

He and another friend carry their shotgun ammo in pockets as well thinking that shotgun "bras" are ridiculous. These guys are my "Cowboy" heroes in the sport.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline pakm

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 04:08:25 PM »
HI hardtack
 I had my 56-50 spencer at the shoot this weekend. but we only shot it after the match. after 60 rounds of rifle and 60 rounds of pistol and about 40 rounds of 12 gage  I wqas through with shooting. but I'll do a shoot with it someday.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:15:52 AM »

Offline Capt Clancey Mitarwan

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:50:51 PM »
Thanks for posting about your 56-50. I've had one in .44 Russian for ages. I never get tired of shooting it, and it always attracts attention (especially stuffed with Holy Black). Don't forget to get the ultimate accessory: the Blakeslee loader.
Service before self.

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 01:19:13 PM »
CCM - I could never get the one I owned to work with my 44's so I sold it off to another fella.

a 56-50 spencer is on my bucket list for sure.  It would go well with my Roger and Spencer Cap and Ball pistolas!

Hope to shoot with you again one day down the trail.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Crazyhorse314

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 05:30:06 PM »
Does anyone have any thoughts on the .45 LC model imported by Cimmaron?

Offline Oregon Bill

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 153
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:27:59 AM »
Pak, congratulations on a discerning choice in an historic firearm. I got good accuracy with mine, and the neat thing was the loads were also accurate in a .50-70 rolling block.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com