Author Topic: Government shutdown??  (Read 5506 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Government shutdown??
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 07:25:12 PM »
Forty Rod for Congress !!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 07:38:53 PM »
PJ,  Puten made Obama look  like a schmuck?  .........

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 07:51:13 PM »
If it walks like a schmuck, if it talks like a schmuck .....

As for the politicians that are responsible for the current mess:

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress, but, I repeat myself ...."   Mark Twain
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 11:21:50 PM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 07:57:37 PM »
Forty Rod for Congress !!!

Probably don't qualify.  My parents were married and I won't screw people to get ahead.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 08:44:47 PM »
I got a feeling the workers already knew what was coming in some kind of memo,save some cash,get unemployment checks till it clears then get back pay,sort of a bonus in the long run.I mean i can go to the parks and show ya some really wierd fed workers >:(

My wife is an administrator for a medical facility,she has to go to all the meetings on what is coming up,part of it is,you can use food stamps(card) to buy pet food,then there's the one if you have a depressed employee(s) and a doctor deems it benificial to the employee they can bring thier pet(s) to work with them and the employer has to accomodate them.These news people and as far as i'm concerened  Fuax Snooze and the rest are all full of it for the ratings,start getting real people that work in the medical field and ask them,your eyeballs would pop out!! :o :o ??? :o
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 09:11:28 PM »
If you are laid off then you can draw unemployment. IF they get back pay then they are not required to repay unemployment, they will wind up getting about 1 1/2 times their salary.
Buy'm breakfast or lunch or whatever, you are being scammed or just don't know how the system works.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 09:36:51 PM »
     People in this country need to QUIT electing those that promise them the sun, moon, and stars. Those that cover the stench of their ambitions with rose scent. Those that tell people how much better off they'll be if they are elected, then do a 180 on their promise. Those with no guts and backbone to standup for, enforce, and honor the US Constitution. Those that make and enforce laws hurting our economy, way of life, and protection.
      Politicians esp those on the federal level (but state govt's arenot given all power either) have been given two basic jobs given to them by the Constitution, to promote and and protect the US of A from foriegn invaders and to regulate a fair currency for its citizens. NOT to tell all of us how to live, what to buy, what to eat, what to teach our children, not where to live, what we can and cannot possess. How we can worship our Creator, Saviour, and Lord, where we can work, what doctors we can go to, what type of insurance of any type we must buy. What we have to put up with as far as illegal 'aliens', wacko's, kooks, deviants of all sexual perversions and life styles that is not Biblically permitted (its called SIN and it has its penalties). They're not to print money they cannot back or repay. They're not to tax us, the citizens to the extent it is a hardship and then waste it on pet and wastefull projects, or give it to those that seek to destroy America. They're not to let into this country the fore mentioned people and/or groups that seek descruction of this country, give them free reign and rights because they're afraid to offend them. Tell them and the country they came from "Take your best shot, because your not going to get another" and mean it. We do need laws to regulate life as far as saftey of all, protection from the greedy, theives, and from all evil. That is common sense and Biblical. I spent 21 years wearing a badge to do just that.
      I could list more and more, but If your reading this I think your gettin the 'jist' of what I'm saying. I think I may have mentioned this before on this forum, can't remember, either way I'll mention it. My Dad, who passed away last Oct 7th (2012) was a proud five year veteran of WW 2. He served with the US Coast Guard one year before Pearl Harbour, was in combat with German U-boats several months before Pearl. Spent 2 years North Atlantic convoy duty, 6 months in the Med Sea, and 1 1/2 years in the South Pacific, participating in eleven or so island invasions. He told me some time during the summer of 2012 during one of Obama's and his liberal bunch of cohorts actvities (the whole presidency of Obama overall) that what Obama and his ilk were doing to the military effectivness, the economy, invasion of citizen rights, trying to control our lives, etc, is not what he spent five years of his life for, nor what Mickey, Orlie and Wally gave their lives for during WW2  (cousin and two brothers, all Killed in action, shot down in heavy bombers over Europe). This could be said of millions of Americans who have served, many paying with their lives or health since 1776 to make and preserve America. Some of you reading this have served, I salute you and thank you.
     In November of 2014, if we and other Americans love this country, we must elect those that want to serve to protect our way of life, not change it into something America isnot. From what I read, politicians since Woodrow Wilson and his progressive allies have tried to change America from within, by being subtle about it, now they are being open and blatent about it. They have their 'henchmen' in the press and media to cover up what they are doing, to lie about those trying to do what is right, and distort the truth. People with backbone have always stepped to the plate and batted their butts back to the dugout. We now need sluggers like we have seen recently in congress, fighting for what is right. The 2016 election is as important.
     Winston Churchill said "If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not to costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all odds against you." A right saying by a great leader who knew what apathy can do to a nation and its people.
My 1 1/2 cents (1/2 cent deducted due to the destruction of the nations economy by Obama)  Yers, Crow Choker      
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 12:56:10 AM »
If you are laid off then you can draw unemployment. IF they get back pay then they are not required to repay unemployment, they will wind up getting about 1 1/2 times their salary.
Buy'm breakfast or lunch or whatever, you are being scammed or just don't know how the system works.

And they'll get time and a half making up what they didn't get done while they were on furlough.  We get all the benefits corruption can provide.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Curley Cole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 01:39:14 AM »

yer talkin thru yer hat. I spent 43 years in that system. So, don't talk albout what ya don't know about.

and a "furlough" isn't the same thing as being laid off. us state employees have been havin to be "furloughed" at least 2 days a month for a couple of years.

and I am getting tired of this topic so can't we move on to something more "cowboyish"
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2013, 08:06:33 AM »
I am very familiar with this subject, just sat and listen to a Supervisor with The Texas Unemployment Commission.
I will move on, to much bad information being posted here.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2013, 10:34:09 AM »
Obviously there's a need for this discussion as proven by the divergence of opinions and knowledge on how the system works. No need for anyone to get their knickers in a knot over political stupidity unless they've got a solution.

It may not be a "cowboyish" topic, but neither was the political satire of Will Rogers and others:

"With Congress, every time they make a joke, it's a law, and every time they make a law, it's a joke."

The reason things get so far out of control is the refusal to address them before they become monumental. One way of dealing with the aftermath is philosophical humour.

"A politician should have three hats. One for throwing in the ring, one for talking through, and one for pulling the rabbits out of if elected."   Carl Sandberg

Obama needs one of the latter.

"Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us."   Leo Tolstoy

Tolstoy fought in the Crimean War and saw firsthand the savagery of war and the callousness of government towards the lives of soldiers and civilians alike. He became a pacifist as a result of that experience.

"Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hard working, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then - we elected them."   Lily Tomlin

She may or may not have the percentages exactly right.

"My choice early in life was to become a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference."   Harry S. Truman

I'll take his word for it. Both jobs have their perks.

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2013, 04:14:11 PM »
Sorry guys but the political dumping ground was closed down when RKBA was closed.

The Messnger
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com