Author Topic: 45 ACP Load  (Read 27546 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 45 ACP Load
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 08:51:25 PM »
Some feel a 'period' gun ought to be shot with a 'period' load and bullet. Hence the interest in 1911's as opposed to 1911A1's.

I shot 180's in IPSC for years from my Gold Cup with 6" 'pin gun' barrel. The longer barrel plus the weight of the barrel made recoil negligible even with the higher 'major' power floor back then. I find the same load uncomfortable in my stock 1911's.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 188
Re: 45 ACP Load
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 07:02:08 PM »
I use the same 200 gr lead or coated rnfp in both my .45 acp and .45lc with no problems. My slide/ barrel of my 1911 is original Colt while the frame is an old Essex. The only issues I've had is with the assorted range brass I've accumulated and my AR .45s that I shoot that are very rough on the brass. To be able to use my reloads in any of my .45s, carbines, revolvers or 1911 pistols, I run them through a lee bulgebuster die that irons out the case of the reload and case rim so that they drop right in a check gauge. I also bought 10 chip McCormick mags to use for Wild Bunch shoots years ago and have had no mag related problems. The majority of 1911 feed issues are directly related to the magazine but the ammo can't have any issues either.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com