Author Topic: Expected Better  (Read 6684 times)

Offline oldironguts

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Expected Better
« on: September 25, 2013, 06:16:09 PM »
Just picked up my new Uberti Schofield 38 Cal. I'm done with Uberti. Blueing has gray shadows that can only be seen in sunlight. Also had a inner grip screw that was not close to being screwed flush, also on decock trigger rubs one side of frame. To me it looks like a rushed assembly. Grade C-

Offline MJN77

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Expected Better
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 11:18:19 PM »
Everyone lets a bad one get through once in a while. I have seen Colts and S&Ws with bad fit, function and finish too. I own or have owned close to 40 Uberti guns over the years and have no real complaints yet. And as I posted a few times before, I use my Ubertis as farm/working guns. If your gun has problems, send it back to them to make it right.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 08:48:40 AM »
Arguebly,  I have purchased in excess of 300 UBERTI  firearms... Granted more 250 were for Props on films.
But in my own armory I have had 50 + including Henry's 66's 73's and every C&B and most every conversion or OT & SAA.
( Lacking the varius offered calibers mostly I suppose )

Point is , I've had a few with issues, but by in large I've been satified with UBERTI and their service...I've had Susan Webb send lost screws on Their dime (Lira) direct to me from Bresica.

If the Gun is not to your liking , I'm quite sure UBERTI USA will make it right...
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:46:59 PM »

Offline oldironguts

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 04:57:32 PM »
Thanks to all who posted thier reply's. I have always been fond of Uberti's and my Henry was a great example of how good a replica can be. These Schofield's right now are hard to find ...and dealers that are linked to have them don't. They are expensive too.  890.00. I think they are just trying to keep up with demand and quality took a hit on my Schofield at least. Thanks Again.

Offline sail32

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 11:11:24 AM »

I have an older Uberti Henry and had an older Uberti 1873 Winchester copy.
They are nice rifles.
I just sent back a new 2012 or 2013 made 1860 Army because of numerous flaws.
Perhaps their quality control is slipping ?

Offline oldironguts

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 12:07:10 PM »
I believe your right. Past Ubertis I have owned showed great care in final assembly, and attention to detail. My Schofield missed both of those crucial points, too many orders not enough guns. I had to wait several weeks for mine to reach the ordering dealer, when it came it was the wrong caliber, along with all the manufacturing blunders.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 12:55:39 PM »
Bad economy bad everything,the good employees leave the bad ones show up.If it don't get better in a couple years i'm movin to Germany!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »
I only have four Uberti weapons but all are recent purchases and all are terrific.  My suggestion, as always, is to donate it to me and let me struggle through the hardships for you.  I'm that nice of a guy.
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline pakm

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 08:24:51 PM »
I shot my first cowboy shoot last week. I used a uberti Russian schofield in .45 LC for one pistol and one 1860 uberti "open top colt" for my other pistol(both had 6.5-7.5 in barrels.) I fired over 30 rounds throught each pistol as fast as I wanted and I had no problems with either pistol. (I love them both.)  my rifle was a pedersoli in .44-40 and I fired over 60 rounds as fast as I wanted and I had no FTF or FTE.  I had about two missed (think) with the 120 shots.(I can't get into the site to see how I did yet.)  I:ve had very gool luck with the uberti pistols. every one I"v e ever shot. Shot to point of aim. 32-20, 38-40, 44-40, 44 special and .45 LC pistols. the pedersoli rifle was very close to point of aim when I got it, MY Armi sports spencers were very close to point of aim right out of the box.  I love them all but the armi sports spencer is hard to beat and it's really fun to shoot. I've never "worked" on any of my cimarron pistols because of a malfunction. (but I would!!!) if I needed too. 

Offline pakm

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 06:34:32 PM »
well, I lied! I took two of my 1873's with 4 3/4 inch barrels, in .45 LC and they where jam-o-matics. I couldn't finish one stage because the guns jamed up tight. aftert I got home I tore them down and cleaned up some of the parts(with a file) and it didn't help much. I've got a 1890 lawman in .44-40 and it was only slightly better, I'd have to shoot these guns a lot before I'd take a chance with them again at a match. last month I used my .45 LC in a Russian schofield and an open top 1871 "colt" in .44 special. they both ran fine.  but they have 7 inch barrels and are kinda tricky to get back into the holsters.  but my rifle ran flawlessly, it's a pedersoli in .44-40.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com