Author Topic: New toy  (Read 1827 times)

Offline fort fireman

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New toy
« on: September 20, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »
Ok, yesterday I was plinking around on cabelas and happened  to notice they had the 1860 army with a starter kit on sale. It was 199.00 so I ordered it. I have a new army remington and a confederate 51 already. The reason I mention this is either the remington or the 60 is destined to be converted one day. I've never held a colt 60 but I love the way the 51 feels in my hand. I really like my remington and am just looking for advise which would be better to convert to cartridge. I'm leaning toward the remington for the robustness( if that's a word) but if the 60 feels as good as the 51 it may be a tough decision.

Offline boilerplatejackson

• Master Tailor
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Mastor Tailor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New toy
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 12:47:44 AM »
Fort Fireman,

If you plan on shooting your conversion alot in CAS matchs, I believe you would enjoy the Remington more of the two. I own
both a Remington and a Colt cartridge conversion which started out as percussion revolvers. I do like the colt Army model with
its longer grip, but it is more complex to break down to load and unload. Also the cylinder wedge can come loose when you
shoot. Not that often but it can and will. If it should completely slip out, your barrel will travel downrange with the bullet in
the barrel. No such problems with the Remington.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com