Author Topic: Veterans, want to get angry?  (Read 6988 times)

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Veterans, want to get angry?
« on: September 17, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »

"Tall Tails" seemed the best place to post this.
Sorry, I did not know where else I might be able to post this information.

It is however, something that every Veteran needs to know see and read,

Congress Woman Duckworth was BRILLIANT AND BRINGS TO MIND THE FACT THAT SHE IS A REAL WAR HERO. As a Capt. and Pilot, her helicopter was shot down over Iraq. She lost both of her legs and use of her arm.

In this video she is addressing a man named Castillo. Mr. Castillo is an example of what is known as "Pin-Stripe Patronage," which is not confined to Chicago. In this system we create Welfare and the government work for those who are connected and contributors to whomever is in power.

Mr. Castillo's business received $500 Million dollars in Federal Business because he claimed he was a disabled veteran.

MR. CASTILLO's INJURY CONSISTS OF HURTING HIS FOOT WHILE PLAYING FOOTBALL AT AN ELITE COLLEGE PREP SCHOOL! HE NEVER SERVED A DAY IN THE SERVICE OF HIS COUNTRY, BUT HE CLAIMED PLAYING FOOTBALL AT COLLEGE PREP ROTC WAS AN INJURY AS IN COMBAT! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE AND INFURIATING BEYOND BELIEF. WATCH WHAT DUCKWORTH SAYS TO  Castello, WHO HAS MADE MILLIONS FROM HIS "DISABLED VETERAN STATUS," WHILE REAL DISABLED VETERANS LIVE UNDER VIADUCTS AND IN ALLEYS BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY SAW OR DID IN THE DEFENSE OF THIS UNGRATEFUL NATION.

http://www.upworthy.com/whats-the-worst-thing-you-could-say-to-a-congresswoman-who-lost-her-legs-in-battle-found-it?g=2

Dear Mods, if you don't feel this posting should be here, please feel free to delete it.
My best,
  Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Veterans, want to get angry?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:01:37 PM »
If that guy didn't feel about 2 inches tall after that, there's something seriously wrong with him.

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 11:55:49 AM »
Wow!

She is right.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:19:57 AM »

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »
Damn!  I finally found a Democrat I can appreciate.  I LIKE HER!!!

If I were Castillo I'd go home and put my head in the oven.  She tore him up beautifully.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 11:08:07 AM »
I would also like to know who the Bureaucrat's were that signed off on this guys "veterans" disability claim?
ALL of them need to have their feet held to the fire for defrauding the American people as a whole, as well as those disserving Veterans.
   Blair
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 02:14:36 PM »
Best thing I have seen in a while. I wonder if he will try to increase his disability rating for the mental trauma she caused him.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 11:58:55 PM »
My dad(Sargent, USAF)  thunked his head on an F-106 wing back in the 80's.  Think he could get a check for that?

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 02:35:42 PM »
In light of the more recent  Veterans Administration (VA) scandal, I thought it might be time to revise this thread.

This VA scandal is by no means new! You may get some idea from my posting of about 8 month ago. And that investigation had been on going for some time before my posting be fore it was recorded
I have not seen much from the mainstream media in the last couple of week or so. Not to surprising consideration of the current administration.
Please, for those of you that may not remember this posting, go back and re-read it.
For those of you that have no prior Military service... perhaps its something you should take notice of, as to how your tax dollars are being misused, and abused by Government appointees and Elected officials.
Sorry for the soap box.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 07:17:23 PM »
Blair, thanks for keeping us informed.
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 09:34:56 AM »
Happy National Birthday everyone.

Today I did a search for the Lee Greenwood song "God Bless The USA". There are some great videos.

I also found one done by Remy, using the music from this song, but the lyrics were changed to reflect the recent Veterans Administration Scandal.

I wish I could post direct links to both of these songs... but can't find a way to do that

Happy Birthday America!
My best,
 Blair 
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »
It's past July 4th, but I just found this.

Blair, I hope this link to the Remy version works - it sure makes a strong statement.

(From one of the affected Vets)

http://reason.com/reasontv/2014/06/13/remy-god-bless-the-usa-va-scandal-editio

Thanks for keeping this one alive - I wonder whatever happened to Castillo from the original post?  Maybe Mr. Google will help ...
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 07:37:50 PM »
Good one SHB, remember the VA doing the right thing for vets has a negative impact on their bonuses.

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »
Good one SHB, remember the VA doing the right thing for vets has a negative impact on their bonuses.

It is heart breaking.  I have an acquaintance who is a vet and lost his wife and is being shunted around to different units.  The good news is he is likely being moved to a better hospital.  The bad news is I sincerely doubt he will ever leave alive becaue it still won't be enough and no one will be able to sneak his little dog into see him where he is going and that is all that keeps him going.  It breaks your heart to hear of anyone being mistreated when they seek care, but regarding those to whom we made promises about never forgetting? 

We need to change our priorities. I think the whole "Out of sight of mind thing weighs in here and publicity might be the cure.  Sunlight on all things bureaucratic, that is all I can think of.   Anyone with any ideas, I am willing to listen. 
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 12:07:27 AM »
It is heart breaking.  I have an acquaintance who is a vet and lost his wife and is being shunted around to different units.  The good news is he is likely being moved to a better hospital.  The bad news is I sincerely doubt he will ever leave alive becaue it still won't be enough and no one will be able to sneak his little dog into see him where he is going and that is all that keeps him going.  It breaks your heart to hear of anyone being mistreated when they seek care, but regarding those to whom we made promises about never forgetting? 

We need to change our priorities. I think the whole "Out of sight of mind thing weighs in here and publicity might be the cure.  Sunlight on all things bureaucratic, that is all I can think of.   Anyone with any ideas, I am willing to listen. 

God bless your friend.  I hope it turns out better than your prediction.

You are right about the "sunlight."

I wish I had ideas on how to help more Veterans.  It's SOOOOOO important for so many and important to me as well.  I have had nothing but excellent care at the Indianapolis VA Hospital, but I know of others at other places haven't.  They saved my life here.  Also, the current political situation is not overly faithful to its' Veterans .  (Or in many cases, the whole population, but I don't want get into that can-of-worms now.)

Face it.  It is all about the Dollar$$$.  Congress wants their pet projects to take priority, but proper care for the hundreds of thousands or even millions of us Vets is pretty darned expensive.  The Viet Nam Vets had to fight for their rights & treatment for Agent Orange help.  By the time the Government (and consequently VA) admitted to what had happened, a good percentage of the affected Vets were beyond help. It has happened again with the Gulf War Conditions.  Heck, 20 years ago, I had an older gent of color who worked for me who, after the Government waited from 1945 to PAST the early 1990s to ADMIT that near the end of WWII they had used an all-black transportation & construction unit as witnesses (at VERY close distances) to an atomic test BECAUSE they were black. When they finally admitted the deed, around 1993 if I remember (I saw the letter they sent him) about 90% to 95% of those old guys were already dead.  It is shameful.

I'm NOT complaining that they do the "tests" they do - the experimental drugs and procedures & chemicals I was exposed to were given to me (us)) to help save our lives.  Agent Orange was used so the enemy couldn't hide.  Those black soldiers were used to test theories that science needed to know.  It was to save more American's lives but they (the Govt.) didn't know all the harm that could/would happen later.  The shameful part is the way Congress and the budget planners (but mostly Congress) drag their feet  to pay for treatment.  And it's simple tactic: the longer they wait, the more of us die BEFORE they have to start paying for very expensive treatment - but meanwhile, THEY can use that money for their own NON-ObamaCare health insurance, retirement (at full pension for LIFE in many cases after ONE term, etc) paid-for vacations, haircuts and the like plus projects aimed at certain population folks & groups simply to "buy" votes, all while we Vets suffer. 

No, I did NOT twist my ankle in a prep-school football game to claim Veteran's Benefits or Priorities like the asshole subject of this original post.

Jeffry C. Bailey
(Former) Staff Sergeant (Promotable) - United States Army - Armored Cavalry (and other units)

Yes, I'm proud ... and I vote

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 01:44:07 PM »
"A Time for Prayer"

" In times of war and not before,
But in times of piece and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted."

by, Rudyard Kipling,
B, Dec. 30, 1865
D, Jan. 18, 1936

Food for thought.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Bittertrigger

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 09:26:48 PM »
Now I understand why my disability was taken away form me when I lost my hearing in the military it's so they can pay people like this butt head who got hurt playing football God you got a love it
When the VA paid me for travel time I was disgusted with that and tried to give the money back but they wouldn't take it so I gave the money to brother veteran who needed the money more than me
God save my brothers and sisters in the military

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 10:03:03 PM »
They keep saying they are working to improve the system and show all these statistics to congress to prove it. What they are not telling congress is that there is a 4 year backlog of appeals still waiting to be heard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com