Author Topic: How's quality  (Read 5857 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
How's quality
« on: September 16, 2013, 11:21:16 PM »
Howdy, y'all.  I got a question for you.  I am thinking about getting a Taylor's 1911, just for the heck of it, but am a little cautious. I know Taylor's has a good reputation, but $500 for a 1911 seem a bit on the cheap side.   What are y'alls opinions on this?

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How's quality
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 11:24:47 AM »
Howdy Trinity, don't know about Taylors, but some of the other importers are using ARMSCOR, which is basically a Rock Island built to their specs. All the ones I've seen have been very good guns.......in fact a Rock Island is what I shoot, and I paid less than $500 for it. Taylors has a good reputation of customer service. Give them a call and ask who the importer is, they will most likely tell you and anything else you want to know about the gun. Welcome to Wild Bunch, Good Luck :)

Jefro :D Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Speed Junky
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 07:27:21 PM »
Two years ago I won a Taylor's 1911 @ tthe TX State WB Championship.  I liked it SO much that I ordered another!  I've had them ramped and smoothed so they'll feed all my 45ACP bullets (8 or 9 different weights & profiles, from 160s to 230 ball!

Only thing I didn't care for was the grips, so I changed 'em out for some Hogues

Even this'n wears Hogues now.

They're much closer in finish than those pics make 'em look, lighting musta been different.

I have 3 Colt 1911s and an old Interarms framed "parts" gun, and these are the ones I use for WB, and maybe even some other games in the future.  After the action jobs, I VERY pleased.
Griff
SASS/CMSA #93 Endowment
LSFSC Life
NRA Life

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:24:32 AM »

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 10:56:39 AM »
To all 1911 fans and firearms fans----Go to Brownell's website or on Facebook. Until May 15th you can enter into a drawing for a Wilson 1911 fancied up hogleg valued at around $2900.00. Has a detailed description of all the add-ons!!!! Some lucky entrée, hope it's me!!! ;D ;D
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 07:09:02 PM »
TK - DON'T buy a 1911, at any price! They're addictive. You can't own just one. Then there's the mags, holsters, mag pouches, etc., etc. And you gotta feed it, just like any other gun, and .45 ACP don't load for cheap.

I made the mistake of letting my wife shoot one of mine ( I own three) after she qualified for her IPSC Black Badge and now she owns three as well - two Ruger SR1911's and a Rem R1.

Since we both shoot IPSC and 'Wild Bunch', if I didn't own a couple of Dillon presses, I'd be married to the loading bench. We burn up to 400 rds a week, depending on what we're getting ready for. More if it's a big match coming up.

I'm thinking of buying shares in my bullet supplier's company.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 09:57:54 PM »
Too late...
I've only been out three times... and used up 200 rds.  I did just get a reloader, so that will help. ;D

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 12:22:47 PM »
I also have a Rock Island 1911 and paid $460 for it. I shoot it bone stock and it has been very reliable. I install the checkered grips when shooting a Wild Bunch match.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 10:26:43 PM »
Ah, that looks familiar!  Mine is the MS (medium size), which is just a Commander.   ;)   It doesn't like TulAmmo or Remington UMC ammo, though.  Went through an entire box of Winchester whitebox with only one hiccup, and that was operator error (gotta watch that thumb on the mag release..  ::)  ).  Hope to get some more 1911s in the future.  Maybe a Ruger, and a Remington, and obviously a real one.

--TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com