Author Topic: I had some cement poured about the time it happened  (Read 2205 times)

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I had some cement poured about the time it happened
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:05:08 PM »
So i scribbled a little memorial in it,a few days later had the knife made  :'(  Probably the most heroic thing i ever heard of :-\
i take it out every year!Anybody else have a memorial??

Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: I had some cement poured about the time it happened
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:58:56 AM »
That is a beautiful tribute.... very nice indeed.

Can't say I have a memorial, I have the memories of that morning.
I was home, not working that day as I was get ready to go on location for "Gods & Generals"

I had flipped on the TV and saw the first building burning, it still, perhaps thought of as an accident, However, the hijacked planes
were being reported.
I saw the second plane hit, I supposed it was live as it happened, then the Pentagon news & Flight 93.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 10:32:58 PM »
Juat stepped out of the shower. Saw the first tower burning and the second plane hit!  >:(  Couldn't believe it. Now, 12 years later, it doesn't seem like the majority of Americans make a big deal out of it...not the way we remember Pearl Harbor. Lest we forget...  :'(
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:18:18 AM »

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 12:50:15 AM »
I for one will never forget it,was gettin ready for work,no planes were supposed to be flying especialy crop dusters!They were afraid they would spray chemical,i got to the oil pit and a newly painted crop duster was flying low over head,i swear on my fathers grave if i would have had my rifle i would have took shots at it,i ain't kiddin either! >:( >:( >:( That night at home
my wife was crying her eyes out thinkin this was it,crying and saying "i will never see my grand children..I lay on the floor with her and held on tight and i told her not to worry.Being brought up in the church being a councler for a time and haveing a mentor i love to this day,i said,baby we got a ways to go yet,your gonna see your grand children,a few days later my duaghter moved back home for about 2 years,then later got married and now a single working mother.

This is her,our,grand duaghter and she is a blessing,good mannered funny little gal and i been baby sittin her for 2 1/2 years now 2-3 times a week....God is good and we are blessed~I will always remember all!

She got long legs like her daddy,hard to believe she is only 2 1/2 years old :-\
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 09:32:29 AM »
I was at work that day, still in the office sorting mail. somebody had a radio on and told those near him "a plane just hit the World trade center." At first we just thought it was some lost Cessna driver that crashed, but with later newscasts more information came out. Didn't see any video until I came home from work.

I like the knife, Rick. Those guys on Flight 93 were true heros, knowing that they were already dead, they made a decision to fight anyway.

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 10:55:44 AM »
Seems a lot of us were sort of in the same circumstance that morning; I had just made my coffee and just switched on the teevee to check on the weather over the pass to Reno - Mrs. Hairyman was over in Reno and heading home that morning.  I saw the first Tower burning, and my first thought was that it was some sort of a hypothetical presentation - then I saw the second plane hit the  other Tower; my heart fell out of me.  Even today, so many years later, it still clutches me in the middle and chokes me up - memories as vivid as that awful day.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com