Author Topic: Remington Rollingblock .32 LC.  (Read 31547 times)

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Remington Rollingblock .32 LC.
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »
Thank You Chev. That is up next , I plan on testing the velocity next time along with the lighter springs  . I did push the load mentioned up above the 6.2 gr. of #2400 with no sign of pressure problems. But the accuracy started to fall of . I would not be surprised  that the 6.2 gr. load was around the 1400 velocity range , but that's just a guess . I also pushed the same bullet up with Unique powder past recommended charges with no case problems , but accuracy was poor .  This  rifle is overbuilt for this 32LC cartridge and these loads are way to Hot for the 1892 Marlin .Will post bullet speeds after next shooting session. ,,,DT

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2018, 07:07:52 PM »
Dusty,
Lovely firearm even now.
I wonder what your loads Chronograph at?
Best Regards,
Chev. William

Its been a while since last working with the .32 LC   Rolling Block project , so the last few days I took some time from other task and the HEAT,  and just sat around on the porch at the Hill country place shooting . Set up the .32 LC   RB on the sand bags chronograph was set 10' away .  First load was WW case #500CCI   ,  6.2 gr. # 2400  ,  299153 bullet and tallow/wax lube .  First 5 shot group @ 50 yd. went into 3/4" velocity was high of 1363  fps . and a low of 1349 fps.  very accurate load with the heavy bench gun and 6 power scope . The second load tested has same components as first with only the powder charge increased to 7.3 #2400 . Accuracy was not as good as the previous mentioned  load measuring @1- 1/4" for 5 shot @ 50 yd. velocity was high of 1436 fps. to a low of 1418 fps. The 7.3 powder charge has a nice crack to it and shows no sign of excessive pressure , I think the 299153 may not be the best bullet for this speed . Looking at Accurate moulds catalog for a bullet that may handle preform better in this heavy built bench gun . Cheve. William  your estimate of velocities were spot on , right in line with the chronograph readings .,,,,,DT

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2018, 08:47:11 PM »
Accurate Molds does have good Bullets for the .32 LC. 
If you would like to try Some 311090A Cast Bullets, "Matt's Bullets" has my Mold and Permission to cast for Others From it.
OR I can send you some Samples he has done for me.

Contact me directly if you would like some Samples.

Best Regards,
Chev. William
R.A.T.S. Reserve badge #736
ETC USN Retired
NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
CalGuns Foundation supporter
NAGR Supporter
USCCA Member.
"Been there, But no 'Tee Shirt' survived.

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 09:34:48 PM »

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2018, 06:19:08 AM »
Accurate Molds does have good Bullets for the .32 LC. 
If you would like to try Some 311090A Cast Bullets, "Matt's Bullets" has my Mold and Permission to cast for Others From it.
OR I can send you some Samples he has done for me.

Contact me directly if you would like some Samples.

Best Regards,
Chev. William
R.A.T.S. Reserve badge #736
ETC USN Retired
NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
CalGuns Foundation supporter
NAGR Supporter
USCCA Member.
     Thank you for the reply and offer Chev , was 311090A  a typo ? I have some 31-090A bullets and 31-090S bullets cast and sent to me for testing by the late John Kort  . These bullets are up next for testing next .,,,DT

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2018, 09:50:40 AM »
31-090A is the Accurate Mold catalog number but the One I ordered and received, then shipped to "Matt's Bullets for casting bullets from was marked "311090A".
I ordered a heel diameter slightly larger than the John Kort design specified; as my cases were coming out with a slightly larger ID than John's.   If I remember correctly, about .002" larger heel diameter was specified.
Chev. William

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2018, 03:37:30 PM »
31-090A is the Accurate Mold catalog number but the One I ordered and received, then shipped to "Matt's Bullets for casting bullets from was marked "311090A".
I ordered a heel diameter slightly larger than the John Kort design specified; as my cases were coming out with a slightly larger ID than John's.   If I remember correctly, about .002" larger heel diameter was specified.
Chev. William
Thanks Chev , was wondering if it was the same bullet with a small change .  The Rolling Block  trigger spring and lighter main spring was noticeable during the test shooting , much better .  Time to get some finish on the stocks and bluing on the metal parts .,,,DT

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2018, 12:41:43 AM »
This month, June 2018, I made a "homegrown" resizing or swaging die for .32 Colt family cases from a letter size "O"(.316") Hardened Alloy Steel Drill bushing and a PT&G Blank Reloading Die body.
First I tried it on some commercial .32 Colt Long cases and found No Issues.
Then today I tried swaging down a .327 Fed. Mag. case.
It came out ~.315" diameter at the Mouth and ~.317" diameter at the Web area.
I Lubed the Case before the swaging process.
I found No Issues in the Swaging process.

The PT&G blank die body cost ~$20.00 and the McMaster-Carr Drill Bushing cost ~$7.00 so this was a relatively inexpensive experiment.

Chev. William

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2018, 05:59:26 AM »
Hello Chev, I have done the exact same thing , the PTG die blank is a bargain and like you say a letter O reamer works just fine . Is there a difference in rim Dia. of the 327 and the 32 LC. ? ,,DT

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2018, 11:28:51 AM »
According to Ammoguide Interactive (AI) Drawings of the two cases:
.32 Long Colt has a rim diameter of between .366" and .381", and a Thickness of between .042" and .053".
.327 Fed. Mag. has a rim diameter of between .367" and .375", and a thickness of between .045" and .055".

AI indicates both drawings are verified against current SAAMI Recommended Dimensions.
There is a small difference in the Limits but most of either Cartridge Production Variations should comply with the either Drawing so should be negligible in effect.

Other Considerations would include the Case length but that would depend on the User trimming long cases to match their actual chamber capabilities.  The .327 Fed. Mag. does allow one to trim to .32 Extra Long if needed; otherwise, swaging .32 H&R or .32 Special might give less trimming required.
.327 Length =1.200"
.32 Extra Long = 1.150"
.32 H&R Mag. = 1.075"
.32 S&W Long = .920"
.32 Colt Long = .916" (note: heeled bullet cases seem to range from .780" to .932" depending on chamber and Bullet used).

Chev. William

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2018, 07:42:15 PM »
Wrote an article on loading and shooting 32 Colt in a Marlin 92 for “Single Shot Exchange” magazine. It is also on my web page....

Www.rvbprecision.com

Thought you might find it helpful.

I just picked up a beautiful Remington RB #4 in 32 rim fire that I will be converting to 32 S&W centerfire.
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com