Author Topic: New "Old" gun makes it into the household  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Green River Powell aka RonC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New "Old" gun makes it into the household
« on: July 31, 2013, 03:26:24 PM »

My modern CZ75B, 9 mm pistol is sold and gone. In its place is a replica Remington 1816 Flintlock. The information in a letter from Remington:
"The Remington Model 1816 Flintrock Rifle was a Limited Edition offered by the Remington Custom Shop. It is an authentic replica of one of the first Remington rifles built. It featured a 39 inch, 50 caliber octagon barrel with deep cut rifling. The barrel has a 1 in 66 slow twist rifling. The lock is a Ketland style. The finish is original slow rust Browning finish with Bees Wax Finish. The firearm also featured a hand engraved patch box, butt plate, nose cap and trigger guard. The parts were made of solid polished brass. The curly maple stock is full length, extra fancy,that was hand finished and featured a cheekpiece. The stock has 25 coats of oil applied. This firearm was 100% hand made and fitted in the USA. The Remington 1816 Flintlock Rifle was manufactured to shoot a round ball with pillow ticking; .490" round ball only due to accuracy. "

Ron
Ron

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: New "Old" gun makes it into the household
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 03:44:02 PM »
WOW That is a Beauty......Dusty

Offline Green River Powell aka RonC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 04:03:08 PM »
It was love at first sight!
There is a muzzleloader shoot at the restored Ft. Lupton, CO twice a month. I'll take it up there and have the experts work with me as a new black powder shooter. I have a Hawken, percussion replica, but I have only fired a flint lock one time.
Ron
Ron

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:27:27 PM »

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »
WOW!How cool is that! :) :) :) Wish i could go to that shoot with ya,then fellers will show ya some stuff man,gonna be fun,sure would like to see some pics of you shootin it.Have a great time,those guys will like that eye candy you'll be totin.

Watch yer top knot~ ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com