Author Topic: This is what you call sad.  (Read 1918 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
This is what you call sad.
« on: July 24, 2013, 10:41:48 AM »
Well, I'm a bit heavy-hearted right now, despite the fact that I got a brand new Colt Navy in the mail last night. 

Around 8 p.m. we heard a report of shooting on the police scanner.  We got interested because it isn't normal to get a shooting.  Then we learned that it was right across the street from my grandmother's house.  The Deputies said there was CPR in progress.   

Well, we called my grandma to make sure she was safe and everything.  She told us she was okay, but worried because my uncle was down at the scene of the shooting right before it happened.
The deputies pronounced the victim dead at about 8:50, but were in progress of a manhunt.  The shooter had been disarmed by another person on scene, but had escaped before LE arrived. 
    At about 10:30, a deputy showed up at grandma's front door and informed her that my uncle had been shot and killed.   By what was said over the radio, it was cold murder.
    My uncle had a daughter and several grandchildren and a dog.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: This is what you call sad.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:45:12 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss TK.  Our prayers go out for you and your family.

Fingers & Lady Fingers
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:04:16 AM »
I am so sorry.  I hope that they catch the guy quick.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:32:38 AM »

Silent Joe

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 12:34:05 PM »
Sorry to hear this, Pard. Prayers up for you and the family.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 01:54:06 PM »
Some more news.  They caught the......fellow who did it.  Check out www.trinityjournal.com That's all that they have available right now.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 05:07:23 PM »
Oh my God....I am so sorry ....
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 06:34:01 PM »
I wasn't incredibly close to him, but it is still rather shocking to have a family member killed.  His mother had four children, and three have been killed.  One was stabbed, one was shot, and the other had a heart attack.  The fourth is Satan knows where...... that side of my family is a very complicated matter.   :-\
I am slightly perturbed at this whole thing because the place where my uncle was shot was his best friend's house.  The shooter was acquaintance, who according to grandma, fired twice.  I'm not much one for sitting at long, boring meetings, but this is one trial I ain't gonna miss for the world.

--TK

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 09:27:25 PM »
Grandma had a talk with the sheriff this afternoon, so we know the story now. 

My uncle and two other guys were at house across from grandma's watching TV and having some drinks.  Well the other two started arguing and got into a knock-down-drag-out until the one lost.  He left and came back later with a gun, and was about to shoot the one he had a fight with when my uncle stepped between to try and calm him down.  It didn't work.  The guy shot twice in one second, killing my uncle.  The other guy was able to disarm him, and he was arrested late last night after a short manhunt. 
                                                                    |
So, he died in an attempt to stop a murder.   ----------
                                                                    |
                                                                    |

--TK

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »
Okay, I have a correction to that last post. 

The S.O. investigated further, and we spoke to the witness as well, and we found that it was strait, cold-blooded murder.

Apparently, my uncle, his boss and another employee were talking, and stuff happened leading to the other employee being fired.  He went psycho, got a gun from his trailer just down the road, burst through the door and shot my uncle twice in the chest.  He didn't have a chance to do anything.  He was dead when he hit the floor.

--TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com