Author Topic: USFA Custer Battlefield  (Read 2869 times)

Offline TDW

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
USFA Custer Battlefield
« on: July 19, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »
    I have one of the Custer Battlefields. I know information on production numbers for USFA is difficult to come by, but was wondering if anyone would hazard a guess at the number of this model that were actually produced. My serial number is in the 6000's, but I very much doubt there are anywhere near that actually produced.
    When the company was still existent, I sent it back for some minor timing issues. When I got it back, Gary G. had the timing perfect and slicked up the action to perfection. Externally, I love the "bar of soap" smooth feel this pistol has. Very sorry I only had money enough for two USFA's before the company went under.  :(

Tom W.
The farther North you go, the more things you will run into that will eat your horse.

Offline GaryG

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: USFA Custer Battlefield
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 06:17:13 AM »
TDW,
The Custer Battlefield/Ainsworth run started in the 6000's though there some produced to replicate original guns that a customer had in his posession.  1876 went to a gun writer and I believe was the subject of an article.   
Gary

Offline TDW

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 08:51:57 AM »
Thanks Gary     
   Mike V. lives about 35 miles from me, and we have been friends since the early 80's. Actually being able to handle his "Custer" model, is what prompted me to order one for myself. These were a GREAT run!! Mined is ser.no. 6759, and brought back a lot of fun memories.
    My brother and I jointly owned (for $25) an original army issue SAA ( serial number 47331, which was stolen from our apartment in Lakewood, Calif. on 8-15-1975, filed with the Lakewood Sheriff's Office, and never surfaced again  >:(). We loved shooting that old gun and loading the BP cartridges. When I showed my brother the Custer Battlefield, he got pretty emotional  :). We have had a ball shooting it as well!! My Thanks to you for all you did for those of us who appreciated the fine work that USFA produced.

Tom W.
The farther North you go, the more things you will run into that will eat your horse.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:37:40 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com