Author Topic: BPCR Shooting  (Read 3262 times)

Offline shrapnel

• There is nothing like the original
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Keeping what made the West safe, alive
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
BPCR Shooting
« on: July 07, 2013, 10:05:07 AM »
I have several sharps rifles including 3 originals, 2 of which are buffalo rifles. Finding stuff to shoot with each rifle is hard. I have several friends that have been bugging me to get into the BPCR shooting, so I decided to dedicate one of my Shiloh's to BPCR

I had never been to a Championship, I had only shot BPCR 2 times in Butte. There seemed to be quite a few people that wanted me to attend the Championship in Missoula, so I talked to MLV to make sure he could cast enough bullets and load enough ammo for me to use. He obliged and I went to Missoula. I was even able to run 10 pigs in a row and get a cool little pin with a pig on it.

When the smoke cleared, I had second place in AA which didn't surprise me anywhere as much as it surprised everyone else. MLV made some comment about how I had beaten his score on Sunday, but it was with his ammo. I had to remind him that even though I was shooting his ammo, so was he and I still beat him. If you can't have fun, you might as well stay home.

You can see how big the award is compared to my 50-70 carbine. I am thinking maybe of using it at the next shoot. It doesn't seem near as hard to hit these targets as everyone was telling me...

I never considered myself a failure...I started out at the bottom and happen to like it here!

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: BPCR Shooting
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 03:49:53 PM »
Shrapnel,

Sounds like a hoot. It's a nice little twist to be able to tweak Venturino about beating him with his own ammo.  ;D

I've actually thought about putting a proper soule rear sight on my C Sharps 1875 carbine and trying BPCR silhouette with it, as I've found it to be a sub-MOA rifle.  It's kind of funny when you think about it - on what other type of rifle would you consider a 26" barrel as a carbine?  ;)
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 11:10:50 AM »
Here are a couple of BPCR sites:

www.bpcr.net

www.bpcr.net/forum

longrangebpcr.com

TTFN,
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:05:11 PM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 12:26:05 PM »
At the suggestion of Kirk Bryant I had a 24" barrel put on my 50-70 carbine. I have to point it out to people as it doesn't look any different than my .50 '63 carbine with it's 22" barrel. Historically, carbines were made with up to 26" barrels according to Sellers.

I've got a new MVA mid-range tang I've been considering mounting on it, but it shots so damn well with the Lawrence ladder sight I hate to clutter it up.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com