Author Topic: New R1 1911  (Read 4220 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New R1 1911
« on: July 05, 2013, 09:01:27 PM »
Not content with one curanta y cinco, my wife just bought herself a pristine AMT 'Hardballer'. If you know what that is, you're dating yourself. Could only be better if it was a 'Port Sider' with half a dozen mags.

Now she's working on her "Juarista" outfit. She says she may not be the best shootist, but she's damn well gonna be the best dressed!

My wife's 'new' R1 arrived today, and I'm envious!

It has the red toned micarta grips with the inlaid 'R' medallion. I like 'em, she hates 'em, so I can see an after market set of grips in the offing.

It has a nearly clean break, but on the heavy side, with just a barely perceptible creep at first. After it wears in a bit, we'll have it tuned and put to Series '70 spec like I did mine.

The slide-to-frame fit is excellent, unlike the SS R1 I bought that rattled when you shook it. That got traded off PDQ for a new blued model which was much better fitted.

She's gonna shoot in 'modern' class, so an ambi will be fitted for lefty use. Right now she's reaching across with her right to push off the safety, but it looks a little awkward.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Blackfoot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: New R1 1911
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 08:02:21 AM »
R1 is really a good one.  The safety won't really be an issue in Wild Bunch since the safety is not used in WB shooting.

Good Shooting
Lafitte

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 08:26:22 PM »
PJ, this Commander has Hardballer sights front and rear and I use Hardballer mags for Wild Bunch.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/redcent69/Handguns/ColtCommander005.jpg

and I am 29 ::)
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:33:09 PM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:19:21 AM »
So you're shooting "Outlaw"?

The rules say 5" barrels, don't they?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com