Author Topic: I didn't know the Findleys knew Daniel Boone :)  (Read 2030 times)

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I didn't know the Findleys knew Daniel Boone :)
« on: July 04, 2013, 09:00:47 PM »
During the trip, Boone worked as a wagoner alongside a trader named John Findley who had trekked to the Native American villages in Ohio and beyond. John told Boone about a place the Native Americans called “Kentucke”—a hunting ground packed with deer, buffalo, bear, and turkey.  :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
Re: I didn't know the Findleys knew Daniel Boone :)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:32:01 PM »
They did and we are actually blood kin but very distant for me.

George Boone, D. Boone's 3rd great grandfather is my 10th great grandfather.

You mentioned John, that name has been used in the family during several different generations. My great uncle is named John Fendley.

My Grandmother was big into genealogy and discovered during her searches. I have all her records tracing my family back to Ireland in the late 16th century. Supposedly the family can be traced to Scotland before that but records are vague.

They spelled it Finley then but records indicate the spelling changed a couple times throughout the family history.

Our family has been here in Kentucky since before Kentucky was a state. My direct family has been right here in Oldham county since the 1700's. I live within a mile of where I grew up and can point out which farms and land someone in my family once owned in the north part of the county along the Ohio river.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com