Author Topic: New Pedersoli Lightning arrived  (Read 5899 times)

Offline cal44walker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Pedersoli Lightning arrived
« on: July 04, 2013, 04:15:39 PM »
Well, after waiting over half a year my 24" Pedersoli Premium model Lightning in 44WCF turned up.....then another 2 months for the paperwork... >:( Anyway.....this is a fine rifle. Here's the review.

Cosmetics: Wood to metal fit very good in almost all areas. The checkering has had a little too much varnish applied over it but I'll strip this off later. Good blueing, colour casehardening and general metal finishing.

Build quality: Excellant. The internals are all well machined, no burs and the action is as smooth as can be. Trigger is around 4 lbs but can be lightened up. Sights are excellent.

Shooting: With a Lymans 210 grain pure lead .429" unsized bullet over 27.5 grains of Swiss 2FFg in a fireformed Starline case, this rifle printed a 5 shot group just over 1 MOA with 4 of the rounds in one cluster. It is VERY sensitive to bullet diameter. It grouped like a shotgun with .427 and .428" sized bullets and then suddenly started performing with .429". The barrel measures .4292 so no surprises there. Will be ordering a .430 mould for experimenting with but I'm not going to do much better than MOA with any mould. It feeds and ejects flawlessly. This is all I was hoping for from this gun and it has delivered.  :D

cal44walker

Offline High Sierra

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: New Pedersoli Lightning arrived
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 04:43:13 PM »
Sounds like you have yourself a nice rifle. I have been thinking about getting one of these. When you get a chance put up some pictures.

HS

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 05:28:59 PM »
Congrats on landing a keeper.  Those rifles fascinate me, I really want them to build a large frame rifle in .45-75. 
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:40:36 PM »

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 08:17:33 PM »
Now Ya Talkin Mean Bob. .................Dusty

Offline Abominable Bill

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 05:14:05 PM »
Congratulations, I have a 20" Deluxe in .45
I am very pleased with mine.
It has worked flawlessly out of the box.

Offline pakm

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 11:26:52 AM »
I have one of the pedersoli's in .44-40, I love it, I had a problem when I loaded up up (by mistake) with 9 rounds of .45 LC.  I had to dismantal the gun to get the shells out. I lost the end cap of the magazine, I made one out of a .45-70 case. I now can put 10 rounds in the magazine, doing this doesn't do your fingure nails any good.  Next time I'lll use a 56-50 case!
Pat

Offline pakm

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »
I did my first cowboy shoot sunday. three gun shoot., two pistols one rifle that will hold 10 rounds and a shotgun. I used my .44-40 pedersoli and it shot 60 rounds with no problems at all.  and I think I hit 59 of the 60 targets I shot at.  I think I only missed one target with my pistols.  love the rifle.

Offline Fredcdobbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 11:15:48 PM »
EMF Corp was selling these at a heavily discounted price a while back. j

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com