Author Topic: 2014 Convention  (Read 50362 times)

Offline Dutch Limbach

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
2014 Convention
« on: July 01, 2013, 10:49:48 PM »
The Double M Cowboys will be hosting the 2014 NCOWS Convention March 28-30 in Springfield, MO. Springfield was the site of Wild Bill Hickok's gunfight with Dave Tutt. Wilson's Creek National Battlefield is also located in Springfield.

Along with the regular features associated with NCOWS Conventions, the Double M Cowboys will be holding a shoot the day before the Convention, March 27. The Safety Meeting will begin at noon, and following the shoot there will be a chili supper.

For more information, view the Convention flyer: http://www.ncows.org/resources/pdfs/2014-convention.pdf
Also, the Double M Cowboys will have more information after October 15, posted on their web site: http://www.doublemcowboys.com
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Offline John William McCandles

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: 2014 Convention
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 06:54:52 PM »
I'm getting mine and Sierra Sues' convention registration ready to mail and was wondering if we were preregistering for the Thursday match?
If someone from the Double M Cowboys could let me know I'll get this out

Thanks
JW
NCOWS #1792
SASS #963
STORM #59
Johnson County Rangers
The Old West Players
Alpine Outlaws (Inactive)
NRA Life
NAHC Life
U.S. Navy Submarine Service Retired

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 08:30:55 PM »
I would like to know the process for signing up for a vendor table.  I did not see a Vendor registration when I looked at the Double M Web Page
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:11:24 AM »

Offline John William McCandles

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:14:09 AM »
I would like to know the process for signing up for a vendor table.  I did not see a Vendor registration when I looked at the Double M Web Page

Joe, Just got this off their website.

http://www.doublemcowboys.com/wp-content/uploads/NCOWS-Vendor-Registration.pdf

JW
NCOWS #1792
SASS #963
STORM #59
Johnson County Rangers
The Old West Players
Alpine Outlaws (Inactive)
NRA Life
NAHC Life
U.S. Navy Submarine Service Retired

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 09:57:26 AM »
Thanks
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline bowiemaker

• Maker of sharp pointy things
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Carter Custom Knives
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 12:20:54 AM »
For those of you heading out to Springfield for the convention, I just found this video posted on YouTube by Mike Beliveau show a really neat NRA museum display housed in the Bass pro shops headquarters in Springfield. It looks like it would certainly be worth seeing while you are in the neighborhood.

[youtube]QKtJBzmeYCE[/youtube]
NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

Offline John Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »
Here's a great firearms collection only a couple of hours away.
http://www.berryville.com/museum.html

Offline Dutch Limbach

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 11:13:11 AM »
For those of you heading out to Springfield for the convention, I just found this video posted on YouTube by Mike Beliveau show a really neat NRA museum display housed in the Bass pro shops headquarters in Springfield. It looks like it would certainly be worth seeing while you are in the neighborhood.

Okla Tom forwarded this to me for the NCOWS website:

"JUST ADDED TO THE 2014 NCOWS CONVENTION--- Friday evening, March 28th we want to invite anyone who would like to join us to meet at 5:30pm at the NRA Museum at Bass Pro(maps will be in your registration packet) and have a private, behind the scenes tour of the New NRA National Sporting Arms Museum by the gentleman who designed and installed the exhibit, Doug Wicklund. Then afterwards anyone who would like to have dinner at Hemingway's (located in Bass Pro on the same parking lot as the museum).  Following dinner  we would still have a few hours running around Bass Pro for shopping and viewing pleasure. This is quite an opportunity to see the brand new museum in a very special way!!  We hope to see you there!!!!

Yeehaw!!  I plan to wear my dress up cowgirl outfit and have a big night out on the town!!!  Hope you join us for some cowboy/girl fun!!

Lynch M Two"
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 02:38:14 PM »
That's great; except of all of the members of the Congress: they have to be at the annual Congress Meeting. (Which is the main reason for the Convention.) :(

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 04:21:01 PM »
Like minds think alike... may we assume we might attend earlier ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 53
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 08:11:46 PM »
Just booked a room for the convention at the Ramada Plaza and they said it was the last one in the NCOWS block with
no other rooms available, and we're still over 2 months away. Are there any other close motels for others or does everyone
already have rooms booked

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline bushwhacker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 02:46:42 AM »
Could someone from Double M post a list of venders? Thanks

Offline Cole Bluesteele

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 11:45:38 AM »
So who do we contact to see if they can arrange a different time or day so that Congress members might attend?

Offline R.T. Rangebum

• NCOWS Member
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 05:39:56 PM »
Howdy Cowgirls and Cowboys,

My name is Roger Brogue AKA: Rootin Tootin Rangebum, I am a member of the Double M Cowboys, I would like to take a moment and address some of the questions being posted here.

We were not aware of any problems with hotel rooms at the host venue. We contracted for 75 rooms at a special rate but the hotel has more. We will contact the hotel Monday morning and find out if they are out of special rate rooms or out of rooms all together. Luckily, there are many many more hotels in the immediate area. We will post here a list of those in the very near future. In the event that some of our folks need to or desire to stay at another hotel, I would like to assure everyone that there is ample parking available at the host venue.

The NRA Museum visit at BassPro is a very unique opportunity for us. Due to the unique nature of our "behind the scenes look" we will not be able to duplicate this experience at another time. However, the museum is open 7days a week 10:00 A.M till 7:00 P.M.. Here is a link to there website: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/FullCMSContentView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&path=nra-museum-7594&fileName=nra-index .

We would like everyone to know that we are paying attention and will do everything in our power to make this convention one of the best yet. Please continue to let us know how best to make this happen.

Respectfully submitted,

R.T. Rangebum

Offline Ricochet_86515

• NCOWS Member
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 09:02:42 PM »
I just updated our website to include the "NCOWS information packet" it is linked on the main page. It has additional hotel information and a note on the Bass Pro NRA museum tour. www.doublemcowboys.com

Adding hotel information here:

Best Western 417-862-0701
Drury Inn 417- 863-8400
Doubletree 417-831-3131
Holiday Inn 417-410-6681
Ozark Inn- 417-865-6565
Economy Inn 417- 864-8459
Budget Inn 417- 866-7400
Motel 6- 417-831-2100

Offline R.T. Rangebum

• NCOWS Member
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 10:05:38 AM »
Hey Cowboys and Cowgirls,

We had a talk with the venue hotel, they are not out of rooms and, as an insurance measure, we increased the number of rooms at the contracted rate. In the event that these are sold as well, the hotel has assured us that we will be able to increase the number later. The contracted rate will be available until Feb.28.

We will continue to monitor here but, there are contact numbers for club officers on our web site.

http://www.doublemcowboys.com/

Respectfully submitted,

R.T. Rangebum

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 02:14:35 PM »
I had gotten mine in Oct. 13 and reconfirmed about mid Jan.  ( I got a employee that knew his job)

Last year in , Ky. I got some yahoo at the hotel, didn't know squat... claimed there was no such Block,  no such rate, Never heard of NCOWS yada yada ...took some added calls to confirm I indeed had reservations and they were blocked...

I suspect thats the case here... Somebody new or uninformed , spreading misinformation..

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 03:16:32 PM »
Roger, I tried to book a room last night and I was shown my screen that no more rooms were available for that time frame. I got a cheaper rate at Best Western, so that's where I am staying, the motel is south of I-44. I should be able to get around. I have spent many nights on the road at Springfield. I am going to be flying up there and I will have a rent car.  I will be staying at the Best Western Deerfield Inn.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 04:08:22 PM »
ah nuts... 
I hope to see the NRA Collection, and I'm planning to shoot the day before....
When are you getting in ?

Offline Ricochet_86515

• NCOWS Member
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 10:55:37 PM »
Please note that you will have to call the hotel direct to reserve a room for the convention. The national on-line/reservation desk does not know of our special room rates or that we have a block of rooms reserved. This is only at the local level.

Direct line to the hotel:  417-866-5253 or 888-532-4338

Looking forward to meeting you all in March.

Respectfully,

Dale Rowland / Ricochet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com