Author Topic: Ouch--the end of a saga!  (Read 6529 times)

Offline The Irish Mick

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ouch--the end of a saga!
« on: June 29, 2013, 05:04:10 PM »
Well lads, for those of you who were following the saga of the 'busted '97 butt stock' .  The ordeal ended sucessfully this morning in the little town of Camp Verde, Arizona Territory ;D  For those of you were other wise engaged, please allow me to bring you up to date. 
Last month I engaged a Diamond Back rattler in my front yard, the bugger had just killed peter rabit. :o   Living as I do in the back country of the central highlands, I keep my Chinese riot shot gun charged with #4 buck.  Immediately upon returning to the scene of the crime, I smoothly  jacked a round up the spout ( yes, it has been re-worked) , and fired my first round at the perp.  This is when I realized that it was charged with #4 buck :o  After regaining my composure, I hit 'im again, and that did it.  I then chucked 'im over the four strand for the coyotes.
Later while cleaning the shotgun I noticed to my great dismay that the Chinese boxwood butt stock has split clean through from the 9 o'clock to the 3 o'clock position. :-[  Curses say's I.  What should I do now, I cannot be without my trusty shotgun.  So where did I turn you ask ???  CAS FAQ, where else!
Shortly the replys to my delema began to arrive.   And low 'n behold the answer apprered.  Go to Macon stocks was the reply.  Well gentlemen to make a short story shorter, I did just that.  The rest is history.  My shotgun is now sporting lovely AMERICAN walnut buttstock!  I take my hat off to my gunsmoth for the beautiful job or restocking, and putting back the lower sling swivel for the M1906 rifle sling.
The moral of my story is if you use your Chinese shotgun for other than shooting tiny BB's at tin plates, be aware that Chinese boxwood just will not stand the knocks.
I thank you for the opprotuniny to adress this most agust body.

-The Irish Mick
ArizonaTerritory

Offline Lead Waster

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Ouch--the end of a saga!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:36:53 PM »
For wood split wood, I would have suggested getting some titebond III wood glue in there! long grain to long grain wood with carpenters glue is like welding wood together...but I'm cheap..

Glad you got a nice new stock!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 11:24:49 PM »
Gotta have "Made in the U.S.A." somewhere on there.  American Walnut is just plain purty. ;)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:03:38 AM »

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »
Accra Glas works pretty good sticking stocks back together worked on my Mossberg 500
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 07:06:22 PM »
Acraglass can stick water to Jell-O.  That stuff just never lets go.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com