Author Topic: Watching Now . . .  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Watching Now . . .
« on: May 19, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »
Currently enjoying Errol Flynn in "San Antonio"
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Watching Now . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 08:20:31 AM »
Hi,

I have seen the movie more than once ...  in defense, probably one of the last movies where the hero wore a traditional, non- buscadero holster ....

But a hero with a slight English-Irish accent; the use of cartridge revolvers in a world of black powder weapons ... 

A rollicking good western if one does not look too closely at it ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
I have seen the movie more than once ...  in defense, probably one of the last movies where the hero wore a traditional, non- buscadero holster ....

But a hero with a slight English-Irish accent; the use of cartridge revolvers in a world of black powder weapons ... 

A rollicking good western if one does not look too closely at it ...

Yep, although Flynn was Australian he smoothed the accent out and so he sounded like a rich English kid at times.  I did like seeing the Slim Jim in the nice cross draw.  Lots of period clothing outside of later hats.  The striped and checked cowboy pants are great.
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:25:08 PM »

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »
Hi,

My 'home port' is San Antonio ... my grandmother lived in a little cottage on 805 Labor Street  in San Antonio ... the first generation off the family homestead in Dilly ....   I was baptized at Hot Wells Baptist (though I am the most lowly of Presbyterians now).

The gist of this is that I hold the flick to a higher level than I probably should  ...

That and the fact the my TV is usually set at E-Westerns ..... I think I have seen most of this movie 7 or 8 times ...

And I still enjoy it ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 02:54:25 PM »
My 'home port' is San Antonio ... my grandmother lived in a little cottage on 805 Labor Street  in San Antonio ... the first generation off the family homestead in Dilly ....   I was baptized at Hot Wells Baptist (though I am the most lowly of Presbyterians now).

Great town in a great state!
- Cole Younger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com